Show us your Mead in a photo!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grapefruit and pepper mead, came out very tasty!

MEad.jpg

Newby to this site, but have been home brewing for some time. Bottled 5 gallons of this melomel in October 2011. Very fragrant and fruity, but not too tart, a little on the dry side, but leaves a good after taste. Still a bit yeasty, but is aging away. It should be ready by Christmas :).

10 lbs mixed berries
16 lbs Tupelo & Wild Flower Honey (mixed)
Lavlin D47 Yeast

(Now that I've opened the bottle, I'll have to drink it, and it's a 2 liter bottle, hehehe)

Melomel 002.jpg

Well here's my first ever mead I started this morning only a gallon 4.3 lb of honey went into it along with lemon juice and yeast nutrient.Made a starter with a desert wine yeast in a pint of honey , spray malt Yeast nutrient and citric acid about 24 to 36 hours before hand and its bubbling like mad

image-3927052109.jpg

Three month old traditional that I hit up with some Bentonite. I'm also trying the sterilized marble thing to take up some head-space.

ForumRunner_20130616_203041.jpg

BM-lTamCcAAyuuF.jpg:large

Just racked off Primary into individual gallons. Left to right:
Elderberry (dried berries with a stick of cinnamon)
Orange Raisin Spice (3 oranges w/pith removed, cloves, sweet cinnamon and cassia cinnamon and raisins)
Ginger and Lemon (2 lemons pith removed, palm size hand of ginger)
Chai Tea (cardamom, 2 cinnamons, star anise, cloves, Irish Breakfast Tea)
Green Tea and Lemon (Gunpowder Green Tea and 2 lemons pith removed)

I may have put too much green tea in, time will tell.
I gave them all a squeeze of honey because it was dry, will probably have to sweeten more before bottling.

Orange spice mead and a show mead
858867_531561446866956_1305239790_o.jpg

Mango Habanero Capsicumel
883031_533235143366253_1277728061_o.jpg

This is the first, second and third attempts at making meads.

I have been brewing beer for about a year now. I ventured onto the mead forum; and decided I had to try the JAOM. It looked to simple to mess up. Only time will tell. Hope my first mead turns out good.

staticmap

image-2623015549.jpg

After a failure earlier this year, I decided to give mead another try so I whipped up a batch of JAOM yesterday. Unfortunately, I only had just under 3lbs of honey so I had to scale down accordingly. We'll see how it turns out.

6486_10152931370475103_1727667312_n.jpg

Traditional Mead, photographed on the source of one of the ingredients, a bee hive in my backyard, straw-colored honey-water-yeast goodness; I am one - like many here - to create endless varieties with endless other ingredients, but if you have never stepped back and done the simplest form of this elixer then you are missing out on what is pure and right and most delicious.

traditional mead.jpg

Traditional Mead, photographed on the source of one of the ingredients, a bee hive in my backyard, straw-colored honey-water-yeast goodness; I am one - like many here - to create endless varieties with endless other ingredients, but if you have never stepped back and done the simplest form of this elixer then you are missing out on what is pure and right and most delicious.

Thats awesome,dude. Sourcing the honey yourself? Nice.

I got the recipe from here just search apple pie mead it taste awesome just the right amount of spices it is only 4 months since I made it so quite good while still young.

Just started a 6 gallon batch of our Viking Venom, blackberry spiced...

image-850818497.jpg

That's my cherry mead at 24 hrs... Now almost 5 days old and bubbling well...
Looks like my first proper attempt is going well...

My first JAOM bottled last night. Hard to tell from the pic/bottles, but it has a pretty golden color to it.

Sipping this Game of Thrones Mead, there is a thread on the topic, dates and honey and peppers sourced mostly local make this Khaleesi Capsumel on ice here in 94 degrees Very Refreshing. Most is put away to age until the season four opener, but I had a bottle that was the bottom of the fermentor dregs that I cold-crashed and siphoned off the top to enjoy this amazingly clear elixir.
:mug:

gotmead.jpg

Kmcogar said:
I just bottled my first mead. I used the zork corks. They look good and are super easy to put in. I got some labels off grogtag.com. Everything turned out really good!

Bees work hard, so you can relax.

Nectar

Nice label dude! Seems compliant and everything!

I just bottled my first mead. I used the zork corks. They look good and are super easy to put in. I got some labels off grogtag.com. Everything turned out really good!

Looks Great, I live in Maryland Too! out by Mt. Airy but I work in Glenelg.

Im curious about the honeydew wine. I remember in Ken schramms book that honey-dew was honey from aphid piss or something like that. Also, those all look pretty tasty, especially the strawberry.

I've been lurking for a month or two now and figured I needed to get a shot of my latest batch loaded up. I started making mead last November. My second batch is just about ready to bottle (probably this weekend) and I'm looking forward to enjoying the first bottle around Halloween. Both batches have been cysers, heavy on the honey, and using the sweet mead yeast from Wyeast. Came out great, just what I was hoping for - a sweat mead with a decently heavy apple flavor and respectable ABV (13%). I reduced the apples and the honey in the second batch, but carmelized the honey a little, so I'm curious how this next one will taste. I'm going to have to start making more (again, already) since it seems quite popular with friends... It has disappeared at a startling rate (not that *I* would have drank all that much...lol!).

image-3545727630.jpg

I backsweetened the honeydew last night just waiting a day or to to make sure it doesn't start fermenting again... The sample I took taste like it will be great on a hot southern summer day, maybe serve over ice... I'm ready to bottle I may but a few in beer bottles to share with friends

waxer said:
Selection of meads and ciders. Plus my latest bottled Sweet candy mead which I named after the smell.

I'm kind of interested in the sweet candy mead. Do you have a recipe?

Back