Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this sits on some wheels so can be moved anywhere in the house.

ALjyLnqQWWprL59nQHF74Nfz73YI3Lw025T3y_-X_KycjyI1UcVCl8LiwXEbqKDbBuKH4x9OZVl3jQKS5BXS2Rw~.jpg

Is all that hassle for the glycol tower really worth it? Does it collect condensation and drip on the kegerator a lot?

I personally like the look of this tower(aethetics wise) so to me its worth it, an air chilled one would not be sufficient to cool this type of tower. No condensation whatsoever, the towers cold to the touch but not so cold where it condenses. Just gotta make sure all the lines are wrapped correctly. All Wired up to flowmeters and RaspberryPints.

20161226_194846.jpg

I personally like the look of this tower(aethetics wise) so to me its worth it, an air chilled one would not be sufficient to cool this type of tower. No condensation whatsoever, the towers cold to the touch but not so cold where it condenses. Just gotta make sure all the lines are wrapped correctly. All Wired up to flowmeters and RaspberryPints.

Whoa. This makes mine look silly and amateur. I need to up my game when I can afford it. Well done!

Album link: http://imgur.com/a/oQaye

More details in the imgur album, but here's a quick synopsis:
After having my kegs stuffed in a fridge with picnic taps, I decided it was time to build up a proper keezer. I already had kegs, lines, CO2 tank and regulator. So it was a relatively inexpensive project, aside from the freezer itself.

Here's the build list:
* Freezer - MagicChef 5.9 cu ft
* Temp Controller - Inkbird pre-wired (heat/cool)
* Taps - Perlick 301SS taps with 4" shanks
* CO2 - 4-way distribution manifold
* Collar - Inner box: 1x6" knotty pine. Outer: 1x6 walnut, Danish oil natural
* 1.5" insulation foam sheathing
* Aluminum tape

Already had:
* 5# CO2 tank
* Dual pressure regulator
* Beer and air lines, Corny kegs, ball lock connections, etc.

The build:
Most of the build was pretty straight forward. Make a box, drill some 7/8" holes in the box, etc. Adding the insulation foam was kind of a pain and got little foam pebbles ALL over the place. The aluminum tape really helped to keep the foam from breaking off inside the kegerator, and makes the rough cut edges look nicer. And on a functional side, should seal off air gaps and make cleanup easier.

I ended up picking up some blind nuts that have the same thread pattern as the taps. They were about 5 bucks on Amazon for 10. You simply drill a hole in whatever you want to make a tap handle out of and thread in the nut. I took some leftover pine and walnut scraps and glued them up. The nuts are a challenge to get in straight, which took a few tries.

The drip tray was a challenge, mostly because the drip tray itself was not perfectly square. I measured the tray and mistakenly assumed it would be square. But once I built the box it was obvious it bowed out a little on the sides. Some amount of cursing and smashing with a hammer later got it close enough. I attached the whole assembly to the front with construction adhesive after roughing up the paint with some sandpaper.

20170129_190908.jpg

Some really nice stuff in here, I'm just trying to decide whether to go with a kegerator or a keezer.

Finally got around to putting together the keggerator!!! So excited to finally be posting in this thread.
I had both beers flowing great after a pint or two of foam.
The handle on the left is a .50 cal and the one on the right is a 30 mm. Went with a bit of a military theme cause my wife and I are both military (she's lucky enough she actually gets to work with the 30 mm)
I'm blown away how great the IPA tastes being so fresh.
I still need to clean up the lines a bit and build a wooden shelf to set the kegs on.
Cheers!

20170204_170013.jpg

20170205_091308.jpg

20170205_091323.jpg

20170205_091351.jpg

Nicely done Evil. Are you content with cobra taps, or contemplating exterior faucets? I like the cobra taps myself. Simple, and no foaming, or fruit fly issues

Thanks. I'm not sure yet how I will proceed. I'm fine with just opening the door for a pint for now. But, I must say, there is a lot to be said for the aesthetics of a nice draft tower!

Just a standard Kegco keggerator. I would like to build something but not that handy and don't have a lot of time so this will have to do. Just got it set up and have my first keg carbing up now.

Noticed that the beer connector slowly leaks out the top so it's either the connector or the small dent in the post. Either way it will work, just need to disconnect it every time I pour a glass. I'll fix it eventually.

keggerator.jpg

This is my current setup that I just got in Jan. 2017.
The 5G Carboy is my Lager. Should be done at the end of March.
The Keg inside is Soda Water.
The Keg on the side of the Kegerator is a Wee Heavy Scottish Ale I kind of just created myself, so I don't know how it is going to taste.
I racked it onto 3.3lbs of sweet cherry puree and now it is just sitting in the Keg until the end of March.

IMG_20170224_102928.jpg

IMG_20170224_103003.jpg

Taking some inspiration from the the amazing builds in the thread, I finished my 4 tap keezer. Just need to work on a taplist display.

Awesome looking keezer!

Did you build your 4 tap tower, or buy that? If you built it did you drill out the pipe caps to allow for the faucet shanks or buy those?

I am looking to do something very similar for my new keezer.

Bought it. 2" pipes all the way around, then used a 2"-1-1/2" bushing, and attached a 1-1/2"-3/4" bushing (reduced the 2" hole to a 3/4" hole). The shank was put through and the nut fit into the smaller bushing as I screwed it in.

Hhmm... might've misinterpreted your question. I built the keezer, bought the pipe tower parts from home hardware and assembled it myself. There are some towers in this thread that were machined to spec, and I thought you were asking if I had machined the parts myself.

Hhmm... might've misinterpreted your question. I built the keezer, bought the pipe tower parts from home hardware and assembled it myself. There are some towers in this thread that were machined to spec, and I thought you were asking if I had machined the parts myself.

Sorry should have been a bit clearer with my questions.

I was wondering if you built the tower or bought it, but mostly was wondering if you had to use a special adapter to mount the taps in the pipe.

Sounds like it is all off the shelf parts.

There is a guy on Etsy that is making these and machining and finishing them and selling for $$$. I like the idea of DIY'ing it.

Sorry should have been a bit clearer with my questions.

I was wondering if you built the tower or bought it, but mostly was wondering if you had to use a special adapter to mount the taps in the pipe.

Sounds like it is all off the shelf parts.

There is a guy on Etsy that is making these and machining and finishing them and selling for $$$. I like the idea of DIY'ing it.

Lol, I built it myself with off the shelf parts. I did not use a special adapter to mount the taps to the pipes. The nut that came with the shanks is what I used. It fit into the space of the smaller bushing, and I was able to tighten it. Everything on the keezer was off the shelf products and I DIY'ed it together.

Pretty standard 2-tap Edgestar. I like it, but the taps stick if you don't use them everyday

dB9OflC.jpg

Thank you brother. It was a truly satisfying, fun build. I want to make a regular kegerator with the same cedar plank.

It's funny, I posted a kegerator in this same thread years ago. I've since upgraded a bit. I made the tap handles myself. I've had a few people comment on how stupid it is to have vacuum tubes as tap handles, but I haven't had an issue yet in the 6 months I've had this built. Perlicks don't require a substantial amount of force to open, which I think is the saving grace.

The cask system isn't quite set up just yet, it's next on my list.

20170316_225306.jpg

20170316_225334.jpg

Love the tap handles!!!!!
Are they just raw tubes mounted into a base? Or did you release the vacuum and fill them with acrylic or something?

Love the tap handles!!!!!
Are they just raw tubes mounted into a base? Or did you release the vacuum and fill them with acrylic or something?

They still have their vacuum. I experimented with releasing it, but broke a couple in the process and figured it wasn't worth it. They're epoxied into a socket and the socket epoxied to a nut I picked up at Lowe's. There were some concerns initially, but they really don't see enough abuse to cause a problem. It's not to say an accident couldn't happen someday.

They still have their vacuum. I experimented with releasing it, but broke a couple in the process and figured it wasn't worth it. They're expoxied into a socket and the socket epoxied to a nut I picked up at Lowe's. There were some concerns initially, but they really don't see enough abuse to cause a problem. It's not to say an accident couldn't happen someday.

As a Klipsch owner....love it. Horns and tubes go hand in hand. Would love to add a SET amp to my stereo one day.

Here's mine

Westinghouse WRM1300WC
Just fits four 9.5l kegs (should fit two big ones up front too).
Intertap faucets.

Managed to keep the door stock and even one of the shelves fits in there for yeasties and the odd bottle.

The 12V line for the fan, the STC2000 sensor, and the CO2 run out through the drain hole in the back. CO2 distribution is under the bottom shelf.

:tank:

Kegger1.jpg

Kegger2.jpg

Kegger3.jpg

Back