Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to find a drip tray for the tower. But not seeing anything to fit the diameter

What about this?

link

That drip tray looks bigger than what comes with the 3" and 4" towers. I would email KegWorks and see if you could get that tray by itself. Ask about the dimensions. If the tray won't work, maybe one of the vendors here would hook you hoop with a custom job.

Worth a shot.

It seems most tower drip trays are 3"
My tower is 5.25"

Seems odd that I can't fine one. Since the towers are available to purchase.

Here's mine... Bought the freezer 2 years ago, but didn't get around to building the collar until last month.

WP_20160505_13_24_54_Pro.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0867.jpg
    IMG_0867.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 879
  • 158437615_school-used-holiday-mcm050lb-5-0-cu-ft-chest-freezer-w-.jpg
    158437615_school-used-holiday-mcm050lb-5-0-cu-ft-chest-freezer-w-.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 808
  • IMG_0839.jpg
    IMG_0839.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 812
  • IMG_0854.jpg
    IMG_0854.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 809
View attachment 352273 Almost done waiting on handles and gotta touch up the top where I goofed up. Live and learn. Made the tower out of vinyl stair post and made a pine box with hinged lid for access. First attempt sure there will be upgrades and changes later.

Can I get a picture of the inside with kegs? Hoping to do a similar build for my apartment.

Not totally happy with my spray paint skills, need to mount the drip tray and am looking for some KC Royals logos to finish it up - but I am still excited to get some beer in this bad boy!View attachment 354054

Was wonder why you used a "royal" blue. By itself, it sticks out like a sore thumb. The logo makes all the difference!

:mug:

Upgrading mine currently. I've had this thing since october. The collar is 2x6, should have done 2x8 but I like it. Going to finish it in the next couple days.

0526160837.jpg

Wow! That looks wicked with the rope!.
I really didnt want to drill into the freezer for mine but i didnt hit any freon..yours looks better!.

Thanks! I like the clean look of attaching it like you did. But, I was opposed to drilling into it too. I found the shelf on Etsy. They do 2-tier ones too which would make for some convenient glass storage.

Or a trench drain. :D
How many kegs you reckon on stuffing in there? Judging from the number of taps currently, you probably still have enough room for a moose!

According to thadius' thread, I can get 17 in there. I brew ten gallon batches though so 7-8 beers is about the best I can get..depending on which beers I'm ageing. I have pumpkin waiting for the season and my winter warmer will be in there shortly. Saving grace is my buddy has a danby 2 tap:ban:. Gives me a little more room.

Update on my ongoing keggerator build - now with 8 taps (8 kegs in now, can fit 2-3 few more).
I think I am good with taps for now (or else I need a bigger drip tray like everyone else)

File May 31, 09 29 56.jpg

File May 31, 09 17 54.jpg

I sanded the hell out of the first coat of paint. Almost down to the bare metal. That is 2 very thick coats of the chalkboard paint, 2 full pints of it.

Made some improvements. Wall paper removed and painted walls. Counter top also improved cabinet still a work in progress.

Edit: not sure why but photo keeps getting rotated

image.jpg

Update on my ongoing keggerator build - now with 8 taps (8 kegs in now, can fit 2-3 few more).
I think I am good with taps for now (or else I need a bigger drip tray like everyone else)

Looks like you've outgrown your drip tray. You need one of those drip tray stretchers... ;)

One of my son-in-laws is a Lions fan. He has a hat with the Lions logo on it. One of my grandsons thinks it looks like a buffalo so he calls him Uncle Buffalo Head.

@brewshki - do you have any additional pics of your build?

Yes I do. Nothing great in terms of detail as they were just pictures to keep for fun and look back on. We drilled 4 holes later on to install the taps (perlicks) and I just filled some storage containers bought from target with ice on the day of the event (made it for a wedding) and brought my normal Co2 setup out. Obviously, it isn't really a kegerator, but i thought it was kinda neat and we have used it for some outdoor events so far.

IMG_4176.JPG

IMG_4178.JPG

IMG_4192.JPG

IMG_4194.JPG

IMG_4195.JPG

One of my son-in-laws is a Lions fan. He has a hat with the Lions logo on it. One of my grandsons thinks it looks like a buffalo so he calls him Uncle Buffalo Head.

off topic...........

You should get your son n law one of these then (think Fred Flintstone).......

51O6blkv6uL.jpg

I'm sure your grandson would love that.

Sorry for the off topic.

And now back to our originally scheduled thread already in progress.........

Latest posts

Back