Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished today with the drip tray addition...

100_1508.jpg

nate4g63 said:
Yinz are killin me here lol.. It was the exact fridge I was looking for. I love the curved shape of the vintage styles.

I think it's beautiful. Go Stillerz!

I wish I would have taken a picture of this when I got it..old school freebie CL find that was trashed, but cleaned it out really good, threw some appliance paint on, and good to go! I actually have 3 kegs squeezed in there now, but I really want a keezer now so I can actually have 4+ taps, as I have 6 cornies now, and they are just begging for a keg to kick :)

ForumRunner_20110612_103934.jpg

ForumRunner_20110612_103945.jpg

Yinz are killin me here lol.. It was the exact fridge I was looking for. I love the curved shape of the vintage styles.

That kegerator is actually big bens... That kegerator is the source of how he gets girls drunk and then..

low blow!

Is that the rustoleum chalkboard paint? Did you have to prime the surface of the fridge first? How many coats did you use? Looking to do the same thing to my kegerator.

I just got the only one I found at my local, Norwegian hardware store, you probably don´t have the same over there. The box said I could prime, but it wasn´t necessary. It also said I should paint with a brush. I just lightly sanded the entire fridge and then had to use three coats with a roller to get it covered properly. It´s holding up pretty well so far, and I love it!

Mine....1939 GE, scored on CL for $50....I have about $100 in the restoration. I still need to add my second tap, and drill the holes for my C02 Tank (thats a 50lb tank sitting beside it).

2011-06-04170952.jpg

Just finished. I still need to add the rails to the top. White Holiday 7.0 freezer I found on CL that I painted black with appliance spray paint. The wood is poplar from home depot. The collar was attached via the stock hinges for easy loading/unloading kegs. Regular door hinges were attached to the lid.

IMAG0085.jpg

IMAG0086.jpg

So how do you get the chest freezer to the right temp? will it go that high or do you put one of those outside temp adjusters on it like you would on a fridge?

Just finished. I still need to add the rails to the top. White Holiday 7.0 freezer I found on CL that I painted black with appliance spray paint. The wood is poplar from home depot. The collar was attached via the stock hinges for easy loading/unloading kegs. Regular door hinges were attached to the lid.

IMAG0085.jpg

Looks good. Rare earth magnets for the drip tray I guess? What Lind of glue and brackets did you use? I just bought a similar drip tray online

Thanks. The brackets were simple angle brackets from home depot. I attached them with scotch red double sided tape. I also bought the magnets from home depot and attached them to the side of the dip tray to hold it to the freezer.

Mine....1939 GE, scored on CL for $50....I have about $100 in the restoration. I still need to add my second tap, and drill the holes for my C02 Tank (thats a 50lb tank sitting beside it).

2011-06-04170952.jpg

Have mine by a couple years lol. Looks good. I'm having trouble locating a new seal/gasket for my door. Any direction you could steer me in? I've googled my model no. and cant come up with anything. I'm using the sticky back foam strips from home depot right now.

Here is my current beer giver. I want to build a chest freezer or buy another one of these so I can have more taps. I think a 15cf would be nice so I can store some bottles and other stuff as well. Then I could use this unit as a fermentation chamber.

IMG_1521.JPG

Picked this up on Craigs list for 100 bones. Added a lil paint and elbow grease plus a compressor. It is alive ! It has 6 facuets and holds about 10 1/6th barrels. i am super pumped about my upgrade from the other one i was using ! I plan on a c02 setup, beergas setup (for stouts) and a pure nitro setup (for wine). Other one is for sale in the classifieds

4236-new-kegarator.jpg

Here is my Cubbie Keezer... It's needed on long hot summer days when my Cubbies tend to wilt and choke. It's a Sam's Club 7.2 cf GE freezer using an analog Johnson Controller to control temperature. The collar is made of 1x6 poplar with chalkboard paint to keep track of my brews. Stickers were found from Fathead. I mounted a Sunon computer fan in the lid of the keezer to keep air flow. The CO2 is outside with a double regulator.. one for 10-12 pounds and a separate line for burst charging at 30 pounds. This freezer does hold 4 cornies very snugly as mentioned in many other posts. Cheers!!

Fritz (2).JPG

Fritz (3).JPG

Fritz (4).JPG

IMG_1331.JPG

IMG_1332.JPG

Two things I forgot to mention: The collar is insulated with styrofoam board (1/2" i think). And the actual freezer lid is siliconed to the collar. Hinges from the freezer are attached to the collar in the back. Silicon lid does not move at all.. very sturdy method of affixing. The fan itself runs 24/7 as it doesn't draw alot of juice. I do monitor to see if it would be overheating with this much use... so far it's run like a champ.

I see your blue ribbon and AHA NHC gold certificate. Nice job! What year was this for and what was the score/beer?

I got 1st in the Seattle region this year for a Pumpkin Ale. I'm not expecting anything for tonight's awards ceremony, but ya never know. :)

Here is my current beer giver. I want to build a chest freezer or buy another one of these so I can have more taps. I think a 15cf would be nice so I can store some bottles and other stuff as well. Then I could use this unit as a fermentation chamber.

IMG_1521.JPG

The ribbon and certificate were for this year for an American stout that placed first at Saratoga with ascore of 38. It didn't place in the finals, but I didnt expect it to. Congrats on your victory as well.

The ribbon and certificate were for this year for an American stout that placed first at Saratoga with ascore of 38. It didn't place in the finals, but I didnt expect it to. Congrats on your victory as well.

Nice. I placed first in Seattle with a score of 37 1/2, but like you, I didn't place in the finals.

Acoma said:
Nice keezer build. I'm sure its only temporary but that rainbow rug is really killing your set up.

Ya ya. When your father in law opens the tap before the drip tray is in place beer tends to hit the floor. Wife gets mad. No one wins. I'll get something more stylish later

Picked this up on Craigs list for 100 bones. Added a lil paint and elbow grease plus a compressor. It is alive ! It has 6 facuets and holds about 10 1/6th barrels. i am super pumped about my upgrade from the other one i was using ! I plan on a c02 setup, beergas setup (for stouts) and a pure nitro setup (for wine). Other one is for sale in the classifieds

4236-new-kegarator.jpg

Thats a great find. I've been keeping an eye out for one of those myself. How heavy is that thing empty?

4236-new-kegarator.jpg

How much was the compressor and where did you get it? I have the same unit and it will need a new one soon.

Back