Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That coffin is a thing of beauty.

BUT YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR NAME!!!!

Not as cool as some I have seen on here but overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.....

DSC07255.jpg

DSC07237.jpg

Just a quick note. Since I finished and posted the pictures of my Kegerator in Oct of 08 everything that has been posted on here since has blown my mind. Over 2 years ago there were not many decked out units on here and now everything in the last 2 years just blows it out of the water. Good job beer geeks!!!!

That coffin is a thing of beauty.

BUT YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR NAME!!!!

Lol i made the account as a joke and never realized i'd get hooked and check the forum on a daily basis. This was before I was hooked (obsessed) on the hobby. Now I'm too far in to abandon my post count. Is there a way to change your user name without abandoning your account?

My new tap handle right after I drilled it and inserted the threads. I guess this thread isn't really a build thread, but oh well. It's my keezer in all it's unfinished glory ;)

2539-snapon1.jpg

That looks great! Did you attach the wood plate for the drip tray with liquid nails or something?

Massive collar, I hope its insulated and you have some sort of fan in there too.

Good work. :mug:

That looks great! Did you attach the wood plate for the drip tray with liquid nails or something?

Massive collar, I hope its insulated and you have some sort of fan in there too.

Agreed, looks great!
Just finishing up my 5cf keezer as well. Just need to put the drip tray on but still working on how to do that. I like your method.

Finally done! Except the drip tray, but I can live without for now!
Its a $60 Danby Millennium I bought off CL. The tap tower was a gift from SWMBO, I removed the door shelving and replaced with with a sheet of whiteboard, and I have a 120mm case fan inside blowing air into the tower to keep the lines cool.
2554-img-2447.jpg

2555-img-2448.jpg

Here's mine. The drip trays attach to the wood with velcro. The wood sits on 2 cheap shelf brackets from Lowes. They attach to the keezer with hard drive magnets.

167619_1833275596128_1367560191_2043251_7292171_n.jpg

179996_1833261235769_1367560191_2043242_7430288_n.jpg

Janzik, looks killer, I recommended painting that white weather seal black. other and that its titties ( . )( . )

-=Jason=-

I used an addhesive silicone caulk. Which i also put in all the lil edges and corners on the collar. It stays insulated really well with just the caulk. Maybe i will invest in a lil fan to put in there but for now its fine. I also bought a magnetic dry earase board from target for $1.30 and use it to write whats on tap.

Janzik, looks killer, I recommended painting that white weather seal black. other and that its titties ( . )( . )

-=Jason=-

Thanks.

The weather seal is the one glaring thing that annoys me. I was afraid to paint it black because I wasn't sure if it was going to stiffen the rubber up. I originally tried to find some black weather stripping at Lowes/Home Depot, but never found anything that I thought was strong enough. Most stuff they had was very flimsy and foamy. I really should look around again.

Thanks.

The weather seal is the one glaring thing that annoys me. I was afraid to paint it black because I wasn't sure if it was going to stiffen the rubber up. I originally tried to find some black weather stripping at Lowes/Home Depot, but never found anything that I thought was strong enough. Most stuff they had was very flimsy and foamy. I really should look around again.

just paint the edge of it. I have the same problem with mine. when painting the kezzer I didn't paint the lid because it was laying granite on it. but I did get some overspray on my weather strip and the white parts piss me off when I see them.

so this weekend I'll pull it off and paint it all black.

-=Jason=-

Not sure this is the right thread, but what are the various causes for a loud motor/compressor and is it something I can possibly fix on my own? This is my lagering "keezer" not my serving keezer which works well. It's been that way since I bought it last year and seems to cool fine, though I wonder if it cycles too often. I haven't noticed any impact to the electric bill month/month to last year, but SWMBO complains about the noise.

Long time lurker...first time poster.

So here is my current setup:

-The cooler is a commercial Pepsi grocery store display unit with a glass door (Tinted)
-Dual tap tower

The cooler will hold 2 kegs and my Co2 bottle comfortably...when I dont have anything currently on tap, I can replace the adjustable shelves to hold growlers, wine and other craft brew

https://picasaweb.google.com/104067671227965337921/Beer#5572874093265819442

https://picasaweb.google.com/104067671227965337921/Beer#5572874111743184946

https://picasaweb.google.com/104067671227965337921/Beer#5572874115454349042

Long time lurker...first time poster.

So here is my current setup:

-The cooler is a commercial Pepsi grocery store display unit with a glass door (Tinted)
-Dual tap tower]

Nice, I assume there was a Pepsi gel in front of that bright light at one point. You might want to replace that with something of your own design.

Thanks to everyone for the inspiration. A GE 7.0:

Made some good use out of my Kreg Jig and some 1 x 12s:

L8brrl.jpg

Went with glass tiles on the collar and make it a bit different:

quHpbl.jpg

Decided to cut tight and tack the insulation in with some screws instead of using liquid nails:

NG2hKl.jpg

The business end, up close and personal:

MWCial.jpg

Finished for now. Will build some tap handles, mount the temp control and eventually build a cabinet around the base.

8PI3xl.jpg

Gotta love the kreg jig, indispensable!
The tiles are nice, something different. How do you cut the holes for the shanks?

beeboy said:
Gotta love the kreg jig, indispensable!
The tiles are nice, something different. How do you cut the holes for the shanks?

Thanks. I just took the mosaics off the tile fabric. Then i used snips to cut and place what the escutcheon wouldn't cover.

Thanks.

That's precisely why I made my bar-top overlap to cover the seal. I was sure that attempting to paint it either wouldn't stick, flake and peal off, or wreck the seal.

n1174060755_30153664_1694.jpg

8531_1150348916938_1174060755_30419568_2289821_n2.jpg

This was my previous set up. I was not into home brewing at the time, but it worked great with commercial kegs. Very easy clean up, but my landlord was not happy about me drilling through the sink when I moved out. Now that I started home brewing, I no longer have a basement, so this setup is now impossible for me to do.

DSC_0010-2.jpg

Here is the incomplete top of my new keezer. I'm going to be adding two more taps but debating on how before I finish it.

What do you guys think? Add two more towers (more expensive but looks better) or add two taps to my current tower (cheaper but not as pretty.)

Adding 2 more taps to the tower might be a snug fit inside the tower, and you have room for two more towers. I might add some Black trim rails to really finish it off, always liked the look of rails, and Black would tie the Black tower together.

DSC_0010-2.jpg

Here is the incomplete top of my new keezer. I'm going to be adding two more taps but debating on how before I finish it.

What do you guys think? Add two more towers (more expensive but looks better) or add two taps to my current tower (cheaper but not as pretty.)

After looking at some of the ones on here, I think the towers with multiple taps look better.

On another note I'm crying looking at that brown ale pint glass. Brown should only ever be served in a half schooner

2 lines/fittings are snug in that size tower... may want to up the diameter to accomodate 3 lines & fittings
it's a 3" tower, using the micromatic style goosenecks and staggering them slightly it will fit fine, i already figured that part out. It would also keep the tower cooler for longer with the larger mass. It comes down to aesthetics really.

As for the glass, it was $2.50 for 4 of them... which is ridiculous cheap.

n1174060755_30153664_1694.jpg

8531_1150348916938_1174060755_30419568_2289821_n2.jpg

This was my previous set up. I was not into home brewing at the time, but it worked great with commercial kegs. Very easy clean up, but my landlord was not happy about me drilling through the sink when I moved out. Now that I started home brewing, I no longer have a basement, so this setup is now impossible for me to do.

That is awesome! So simple yet genius. Takes up no space in the kitchen but give you draft beer without going downstairs.

Shipment from KegConnection arrived today and I finished my rig. Nothing on tap yet (two carboys waiting to be transferred).

Video walkthrough:

keezerfinal.JPG

Keezer01.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my new keezer setup,
Just need to get the tap handles made and put a piece of trim on the bottom that I miscut. I got chalk for the taplist yesterday but no pics yet.
eaglzl.jpg

They're 7 perlicks and 1 stout faucet, the co2 and nitro tanks are in the basement. It's on wheels so you can get it out from underneath the liquor cabinet. I have a low pressure regulator inside with 3 different pressure adjustments, I have it set for 1.5 2.5 and 3.5 volumes with corresponding lines for proper balance.

Unfortunately I just have cameraphone pics right now.

Back