Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hhmmm, never thought of posting my portable kegerator but here's mine. I call it the Tailgater. You can see a bigger pic in my Gallery. Just couldn't seem to figure out how in this post.

tailgater.jpg

Hhmmm, never thought of posting my portable kegerator but here's mine. I call it the Tailgater. You can see a bigger pic in my Gallery. Just couldn't seem to figure out how in this post.

Brilliant! I am totally stealing that idea ;)

After using your's do you think it would be a PITA to have the co2 charger inside? How often does it need charged? Here is my current one. I plan on putting the charger external. What fitting did you use to move it outside? Right now the charger just threads directly onto the Gas out disconnect. Will be fine for this weekend. Crappy cell phone pick. Lid closes in full use with everything hooked up, but it's just sitting on there in the picture. Factory drain for draining water when needed.

Photo0388.jpg

After using your's do you think it would be a PITA to have the co2 charger inside? How often does it need charged? Here is my current one. I plan on putting the charger external. What fitting did you use to move it outside? Right now the charger just threads directly onto the Gas out disconnect. Will be fine for this weekend. Crappy cell phone pick. Lid closes in full use with everything hooked up, but it's just sitting on there in the picture. Factory drain for draining water when needed.

Photo0388.jpg

Last summer I found I had a leak in the CO2 line so I just connected it directly to the keg. As for the parts needed, they are listed with the pic of it in my gallery. I also sent you a PM. Don't recall specifically but I can get several glasses before having to hit the CO2 again.

Hey guys, I'm going to look at this old kegerator tonight. The person selling it told me it was about 31" high on the inside and about 18" wide. That should accomodate two cornies, right?

Sorry, I'm very new to all this. Haven't even started brewing and I'm already thinking about kegging.

Looks like it might fit 4 cornies. $75 for a retro fridge and 20lb tank is a great deal!
Nice find!!!

Thanks!

I think it will do nicely until I can build a larger keezer like some of the others in this thread. It's hard to gauge the size of that fridge, to me. It almost seems about the size of a mini-fridge.

I'd be happy if it held two, thrilled if it held three.

I already picked up a 10 lb. CO2 tank on craigslist with another shank -- I'm thinking either I'll sell one or get a beer gas regulator and have beer gas for stouts. :mug:

Very nice!, just picked up a 7.2 Sunbeam from Menards today and already have my Kenconnection kit. Looking forward to starting my project soon!

Ricand: What size is your CF? Looks about the same size as mine 25.3 cuft.

Yes, it was a CL find so not positive, but it has to be close to that size. It will squeeze in 14 cornys (the pic only shows 13) and I have a 12 tap CO2 manifold so I can have 5 total lagering/aging with 4 carbing beside the 8 on tap. I use one as a reservoir to run cold water through the faucets.

InsideKeezer.jpg

Here is the Irish Coffin box my buddy and i built. It holds 6 1/6th barrels. with two 80 mm computer fans the top is only 7 degress warmer than the base! Oh yea, it is on wheels!!!!!

IMG00363-20100308-1753.jpg

IMG00432-20100424-1340.jpg

IMG00434-20100424-1341.jpg

IMG00470-20100505-1711.jpg

My multi tap tribute to (and pain reliever for) postseason futility!
Four homebrews on tap, plus the last tap is premixed rum&coke as a gimmie for SWMBO. Have 2 regs, ranco controller mounted on the back, circulating fans inside that come on with the compressor and a constant on 320CFM fan that circulates air thru the tower at all times. Freezer is a Whirlpool 15.5cf, will hold 9 cornies and a 20 lb co2 tank. beer taps are all perlick (2x 525 and 2x 575) with 12' 3/16 line on each, rum&coke has 35' of 3/16 line.

Thanks to all here that have contributed to this thread, couldn't have done it without you!

Capsshrineoffutility.jpg

Thanks, had to do the staggered taps to fit the puck tap handles in. The coffin is a lockable control cabinet made by Hubbel. At a future date I will be mounting shutoff valves in the box so I can keep the kids out of my beer when the wife and I want to travel, just close the valves and lock the door and the bar is closed! Also, note that there is a piano hinge running the width of the lid, I used a metal cutting blade to cut the lid in half so I can open the front half for keg changes without disturbing the tower. Sealed the raw edges with foil tape and filled the joint with foam weatherstrip to make everything airtight and maintain the integrity of the insulation.

Finally got my Jester inspired one done (only a one year project...:eek:)

Front:
233-iphone-photo-keezer-full.jpg

Top:
231-iphone-photo-keezer-top.jpg

Coffin Top Open:
229-iphone-photo-keezer-door-internal.jpg

The last one is horrible (iPhone for the win!) but it shows the inside of the door on the coffin top. In there I have the secondary regulator so I can adjust the CO2 without having to move the beast from the wall.

Built this over Winter Break. Fridge is an old Montgomery Ward model with a nice chrome plate on the front that gave the finished product a little vintage. The tap handles are chair legs you can buy at Home Depot. Sanded them down and put on a couple coats of stain. Currently have 8 kegs running out of a 20 lb CO2 tank.

Finished product:

DSC05330.JPG

Inside:

DSC05329.JPG

Custom "Party Tap" conversion:

DSC05328.JPG

Montgomery Ward Plate:

Photo018.jpg

My keezer pics...

GE model from Home Despot - $189
68834435.jpg

The implement of destruction
21176891.jpg

I void warranties!
18845249.jpg

Fully operational
26787474.jpg

still room for one more corny and a few more bottles
36299141.jpg

My multi tap tribute to (and pain reliever for) postseason futility!
I hear ya, brother - I used to have season tickets to the MCI Center from 99 to 03. Now THAT was futility. Remember the Cassidy "experiment"? God help us. Used to have a stick from the 98 cup team that my former roommate "lost"...

Friggin' digging seeing Langway there. Ahh...

(Also - nice keezer too! How'd you etch/engrave the coffin/control panel?)

I hear ya, brother - I used to have season tickets to the MCI Center from 99 to 03. Now THAT was futility. Remember the Cassidy "experiment"? God help us. Used to have a stick from the 98 cup team that my former roommate "lost"...

Friggin' digging seeing Langway there. Ahh...

(Also - nice keezer too! How'd you etch/engrave the coffin/control panel?)

I and the wife were there in sec 104 row E for all that futility. Took my 1 month old son to his first game in Oct 2002 against the Stars(loss) sat in the first row behind the Caps bench and Cassidy spent the entire game making goo goo eyes at my son instead of managing his bench......... can you say Prophecy? We have been collecting a full team stick for each year of my son's life(not all are pictured) we started with that top one which is a game used Kono stick.

The logos on the keezer are offical die cut decals purchased at Modell's for $8 each.

Sorry for the crappy pictures but I couldn't find a real camera.

We are going to be building a box/coffin around it shortly to hold the CO2 tank and the fridge in side with latched doors on the front. The heat dissipation is all done through the back so as long as we leave the back open we should be good.

The tower came from MicroMatic.
2010-07-02193747.jpg

Holds one pin lock but could probably just barely hold two ball locks. Down the road I might put two ball locks in there and have one carbonating while the other is serving.
2010-07-19113240.jpg

20# CO2 tank mounted outside, with only one keg this thing should last forever. Regulator is a brand new Cornelius regulator that I got off ebay for $21 shipped.
2010-07-19113224.jpg

Found this one on Craigslist for $150.

Bought my corny and new hosing and connector last week.

Serving up my Red Ale now!
2010-07-12%2012.48.07.jpg

I think i am going to add another tap or 2 to the side. Figure i'll be able to fit 3-4 cornies in there if i move the CO2 outside.

Found this one on Craigslist for $150.

Bought my corny and new hosing and connector last week.

Serving up my Red Ale now!
2010-07-12%2012.48.07.jpg

I think i am going to add another tap or 2 to the side. Figure i'll be able to fit 3-4 cornies in there if i move the CO2 outside.

Looks great! :mug: I think I saw that one on craigslist. :)

I just finished my keezer this weekend and got it moved from the garage into the house today! Two serving towers currently set up with a standard sankey on one tap and my home brew on the other. Whole project has really pushed my love of home brewing to a whole new level. :mug:

Started as a 5.0 cuft freezer from lowes:
2010-06-22%2020.18.58.jpg

Added a 1x10 insulated collar, reinforced with angle brackets and a 1x2 for the seal to seat properly:
DSC00922.JPG

Tower cooling fan:
DSC00950.JPG

Dual Manifold plus secondary regulator for uninterrupted dispensing while force carbonating:
DSC00951.JPG

Ebay "aquarium" temperature controller and CO2 mounted on the back:
DSC00946.JPG

And finished product:
DSC00971.JPG

DSC00970.JPG

I got a lot of ideas from everyone here on the board... albeit unbeknown help, I thank you all!!!

Back