Show me your. . .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShepFL

ShepFL
Reaction score
Bottle opener . . .

I am trying various beers to see what else I want to brew up. Problem is I don't own a COOL bottle opener. I have a regular household one and that is it. This means I have to wait till I get home to taste a new beer candidate, either that or risk breaking neck off the bottle opening it on the tow hitch or door hinge.

Looked in liquor stores and brew houses and no luck. Looking for something that can be put on truck key ring or slipped into my wallet. Let's see what ya got!! :ban:

I have always wanted one of these, but at 35 bucks, I haven't convinced anyone to buy me one yet.
opener.jpg

Here's mine
ee92_millennium_falcon_bottle_opener.jpg

Edit: Just read all of your request....it will fit in your pocket, but it's not going to be comfortable :)

Looking for something that can be put on truck key ring or slipped into my wallet.
This one from Midwest does actually fit into my wallet, although I usually keep it next to my chair since I carry two of the openers LuiInIdaho posted in my pockets at almost all times.

Why two? Why not? Got 'em for free from various BMC promotions.

I can't find the link, but my local brewery (http://middleagesbrewing.com) has these great openers. They look like a giant bottle cap, can open twist offs and regular bottles, and they are magnetic so you can stick them to your fridge! I have 7 or 8 openers scattered around the house and on my key chain, but the one I just described gets the most use!

My favorite keep it in my wallet its the size of a credit card, sometimes I forget I have it!

ForumRunner_20121026_084348.jpg

I have several, but the one I keep with me all the time is a Bells Two Hearted in the shape and size of a key. I keep it on my keychain.

I also have the Ring Thing from ThinkGeek.com. It's a Ring you wear on your finger.

You should do a google search for innovative ways to open a beer. There are lots of options that don't include an opener.

I can open a bottle with just about anything, including another capped bottle. I basically refuse to use a bottle opener. Get the skills and ditch the tools.

I can open a bottle with just about anything, including another capped bottle. I basically refuse to use a bottle opener. Get the skills and ditch the tools.

You can also open a bottle with a lighter! That's one I learned in college.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bottles openers are a plenty around my place.

The key chain opener was purchased from boulevard at the brewery 6-7 years ago for maybe a buck and a quarter (back when boulevards were all twist offs)

The green paddle was given to us from the reps at a local beerfest.

Also I have openers from many other breweries, but they don't fit my keys like te boulevard, and haven't had the good times we have had. We have other bigger openers, but the paddle see's the most use.

image-3010959458.jpg

I hope you use a BMC beer to open your homebrew.;) Nothing like turning a bottle upside down and mixing all that sediment in:drunk:. I know I shouldn't feed the trolls but I couldn't help myself.

Back