Show me how you drain your RIMS Tube!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dgonza9

Reaction score
I've heard that leaving water in a RIMS tube will cause the base of the element to rust.

Other than total disassembly after every brew, how have you addressed this issue?

Thanks. I'm in the early stages of planning.

I'm adding a T with a valve on it at the bottom of my vertically mounted RIMS tube.

It's easy for me to spend your money but I would recommend purchasing one of Brewers's Hardware RIMS tubes for a $164. I believe the element can be removed by simply removing a Tri Clover fitting. You could physically dry the element if you wished. A picture is worth a 1000 words.

RIMS15.jpg

Sawdusts suggestion is a good one, although expensive. My 1 1/2" SS RIMs tube complete with probe and 4500W element was approx 100$. I mount my tube vertically and can just unscrew the element if I wanted to. For 30$ I could add a tri-clover fitting for easy removal of the element, but I'd personally rather spend that money somewhere else.

Latest posts

Back