should I wait longer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usmc0811

Reaction score
I brewed my first IPA on the 31st of December, transferred to secondary on the 6th of January. Now that it has been sitting in the secondary for 9 days now I am itching to take a gravity reading, then on the 18th which would make 12 days in secondary take another, if it reads the same bottle'em up! Then let them bottle condition for approximately another two week. Am I rushing things too much or would that be fine. Its my first brew and I am itching to do the next step and if I could bottle a few days earlier as long as it has reached its FG then that would be great.

The worst thing about the first brew is the wait. I would wait the recommended time. I always found if I went and bought a sixer of the beer I was brewing it made the wait a little easier. Once you get a pipeline it's easy to wait but intell then it just sux.

Don't rush a good thing Marine. 6 days in primary is short but after the secondary of your planned 2 weeks it maybe good to go. Make sure the gravity is where it should be before bottling. Go NAVY!!!!

Don't rush a good thing Marine. 6 days in primary is short but after the secondary of your planned 2 weeks it maybe good to go. Make sure the gravity is where it should be before bottling. Go NAVY!!!!

Ok I will give it more time thanks, it will be hard. Semper Fi!!!!!

Submarirnes: Only the navy would build a ship designed to sink!!!

Back