Should I take the out of the fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zurcj20

Reaction score
So its my first batch and it was in the bottle three weeks so I put six of them in the fridge. I tasted the first one last week and it wasn't ready yet. I tasted one today and it tastes the same. should I take the rest out of the fridge to age more? Do I have to do anything to revive the yeast?:confused:

You mean it wasn't carbonated enough? Then yes, take them out of the refrigerator.

it's carbed enough. it just has a strange aftertaste. Kinda tastes like a white wine aftertaste.

You should put one in the fridge at night, try it the next night. Do that every few days until it tastes how you want. Then you can chill up a sixer or whatever you need. I don't see any reason to chill more than 1 at a time until it's de-greened.

I'd go longer than one night between them. If it takes 3 weeks for the green to age out of it, it'll be almost gone by the time it's good. I go one per week until it tastes right.

Back