Should I switch to using Robobrew V3?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigEasy43

Reaction score
I guess I am looking for opinions on if I should switch from using the cooler mash tun and keg as a boil kettle to a Robobrew V3? I understand the Robobrew would be beneficial in the the winter and cleanup would be a bit easier. I just don't know if I should stick to what I am doing or spend a bit of cash and get one. Give me your pros or cons on it and other options.

No. IMO buy a HotRod heatstick and use it combined with gas on stovetop, works waaaay better. I went from Robobrew v3 to this setup and it heats much faster (saves time) and gives a normal boil off rate (ie. you can use the usual amount of sparge water). My Robobrew only boiled off a half gallon in an hour so that meant I had to use less sparge water which lowers efficiency. You'll also save money this route and can brew 100% indoors.

https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/hotrodrtu.htm

Rev.

I went with the Grainfather. Did some looking into the M&B , RB and Gf before I spent the $$$. I'm very happy with it so far.

I'm happy with my Robobrew, it's process and the beers I make with it. It took me about 3 batches to get into the swing of the new equipment, but now I am done in around 5 hours with ~75% efficiency.

Turn it up to boil while sparging and it gets there in enough time. I typically use 3 gallons of sparge water depending on the grain bill, and have a boil off of about 3 quarts an hour.

I'd wait for the BrewZilla. Its a 65L Robobrew with a 3500 watt heating element. There are a couple vids of it on Youtube.

Last edited:
It's already on ebay.....I thought about upgrading already. :D

*edit* BAh! I see those are pre-orders

I'd wait for the BrewZilla. Its a 65L Robobrew with a 3500 watt heating element.

That's mainly for 10 (or slightly higher) gallon batches and it will not simply plug into a 120v outlet as it requires a 220v outlet. And if one has a 220v outlet there are soooo many better options to go with.

Rev.

Back