Should i or should i not

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gator777

Reaction score
Have an ale with a gravity of 1.040 after a OG of 1.075 it's an pumpkin ale at about 68f. I always pitch an safe us.05 yeast in the beginning and them two days later I use pitch again with a nutrient. But this time I'm wanting to use an energizer with the nutrient, just wanting thoughts thank you.

I've never heard of pitching one package, and then two days later (after the reproductive phase of the first package) pitching a second. What's the reason behind doing that? Why not pitch the proper amount of yeast at pitching time?

I've never heard of pitching one package, and then two days later (after the reproductive phase of the first package) pitching a second. What's the reason behind doing that? Why not pitch the proper amount of yeast at pitching time?

Agreed.

It seems like nothing will be accomplished with the second pitch. The yeast will have already reproduced to proper cell counts.

And if underpitched in the first place the reproduction phase may lead to flavors undesirable in the finished beer.

I have to agree with Yooper, what are you trying to do with this method? Basically contrary to what every professional and experienced homebrewer is doing, and not using yeast optimally.

KISS the yeast from the first package is blooming there is no reason to add more yeast or any nutrients. Only mead or washes really need nutrients. There is tons of nitrogen and nutrients from the grains so there is really no need for other additives. Don't overcomplicate the process.

Latest posts

Back