should I dry hop or not. your input is welcome.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terrenum

Reaction score
Brewed an APA 2 weeks ago and I had plan to dry hop, however attenuation was higher than expected at 80% (using us 05) and final gravity is at 1.010. Ibu are at 37 and sample did have a great flavor and smell of Amarillo. It tasted great and the beer is borderline too thin. The malt taste is not coming forward as much as anticipated so I worry that if I dry hop on top if this it would not be balance. Can my brew be to dry/thin to support more hops flavor? My guess is yes; what do you think?

It really depends on what you want from this beer. If you want a hop-forward aroma, dryhopping is mandatory. If not, and it's enjoyable as is, then dont dryhop.

Yooper said:
It really depends on what you want from this beer. If you want a hop-forward aroma, dryhopping is mandatory. If not, and it's enjoyable as is, then dont dryhop.

It is pretty tasty right now and hops are upfront. Might dry hop lightly and for few days only. Thanks for your feedback yoop

like yooper said it all depends on what you want. I have really gotten into hop forward beers lately so HOPS ALL STEAM AHEAD!

dry hopping is nice but if its not necessary for you then don't worry about it.

Thanks running. As I said to yoop I'll try a quick dry hopping for few days to give some fresh aromas.

Back