• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California SF Bay Area - New Utah Biodiesel Stainless Mesh Basket $175

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Poggetti

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All, I bought this custom sized mesh basket with the intention to use it in my mash tun, but ended up never using and going a different route. It has never been used in a brew, it has only been cleaned with a PBW wash followed by a hot rinse.

This thing fits nicely in my 10 gallon SS Brewtech Kettle (not the mash tun product, just the regular 10 gallon kettle). It comes with the leg raise to fit above an element with the rubber feet, and the side drain handles as well. Here are the dimensions copy pasted from my receipt:

(1) Brew-In-A-Basket Stainless w/ Swing Handle -Up to 13 Inches-
Diameter: 12 inches, Height: 13 inches, Feet: 3 inches, Micron: 400, Press Plate: no press plate
BIAB ADD ON: Side Drain Hooks (1/2 inch each hook) + U-Support Bar
Hook-Placement: 4 inches from floor, U-Support-Length: 14.5 diameter

I know it's a custom sized basket so it might limit the people interested, but it's a great basket for $75 cheaper than I bought it, and it's basically brand new. The pics taken are with my own kettle but if you're not concerned about perfect snug dimensions, i'm sure it can work on comparable kettles.

I am located in San Mateo, but work in San Francisco during the day, and am happy to have you pick up at either location depending on timing. I am willing to ship this if you cover cost but that might be a little pricey given the size.

I am asking for $175.

The kettle is not for sale.

thumbnail_Resized_20190707_102152.jpg
thumbnail_Resized_20190707_102155.jpg
thumbnail_Resized_20190707_102218.jpg
thumbnail_Resized_20190707_102223.jpg
thumbnail_Resized_20190707_102241.jpg
thumbnail_Resized_20190707_102245.jpg

Hi Nick, this might fit my Keggle. Would you please answer a few questions?
- What is the maximum size opening this will fit into, including the handles that stick out a little on each side? This dimension varies from unit to unit I believe. I would have to grind off the 1/2" side hooks. My Keggle opening is 12.5 inches....please refer to the photograph I included.
- What would my total cost be assuming I am paying for shipping? I live in Las Vegas, 89117. I saw your last price was $90+shipping.
- Also, is there a secure way for HBT members to do transactions? Thanks and Cheers!
20200306_112315.jpg

Last edited:
Back