Serve robust porter on beer gas or CO2?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruin

Reaction score
My first batch of robust porter is nearly ready to tap. Should I serve it on beer gas through my stout faucet, or put it on CO2 on a regular faucet? From what I've read, a robust porter is not too different from stout. If I served it from the stout tap, would it no longer be considered porter? I want to stay true to the style.

I do not think that the type of gas or type of faucet would change the type of beer. My experience is to go with what you think you will enjoy more. If it was me I would use Co2 but keep the carbonation low.

I'd go beer gas. I've had nothing put Porter running through my nitro tap for 4 months now, mmmmmm

Beach

I'm still on my first keg of stout served via stout faucet. Wonderful thing. That creamy long lasting head is awesome. That's why I'm thinking of putting the robust porter on it when the stout kicks.

The robust porter keg is about to kick, was a good idea putting it on the stout faucet. Everyone is raving about it, particularly Guiness fans, who all agree it is "even better than Guiness" which they seem to think is the holy grail.

I just kicked a keg of robust porter on stout faucet myself last week. It was fantastic but at the same time nothing like Guinness. Too little black patent and too much body.

Last winter I tried the dry Irish stout kit from the Grape and Granary. Tasted a LOT like Guinness if you have people that like it. Was my first stout tap use. Great addition, nothing like a nice nitrogen pour in your own house.

That should confuse 'em, lol. Actually, I think I would like to try that. Good excuse to go to HI.:mug:

Latest posts

Back