Sending CO2 down sanke liquid spear to speed carbonation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbschuyler

Reaction score
Hi all - new question here after coming up dry on searching posts.

In order to speed keg carbonation, a friend told me that he sometimes he pushes CO2 down the liquid post of his ball lock kegs. Has anyone ever tried doing this on a sanke keg? I have several D-couplers and could set one up for this purpose if it would be effective.

Thanks!

Thanks! And good to hear of someone with experience in this. Provided there is ample headspace (I usually eyeball measure about an inch or two while filling kegs), what time difference have you noticed before your brew hits your carb target? With a normal force carbonation I do four days at about 25 psi, then purge down to serving pressure at 8-10 for another day or two before I gets where I want it. Shortening this time frame has obvious advantages.

Thanks! And good to hear of someone with experience in this. Provided there is ample headspace (I usually eyeball measure about an inch or two while filling kegs), what time difference have you noticed before your brew hits your carb target? With a normal force carbonation I do four days at about 25 psi, then purge down to serving pressure at 8-10 for another day or two before I gets where I want it. Shortening this time frame has obvious advantages.
I’m really trying to dial things in w the brite tank to avoid the need for this altogether. But it’s about what we’ve been doing. It’s about time to bite the bullet and buy a zahm

Back