Semi-permanent blow off setup..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveStLoo

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with fabricating a blow-off tube/pipe with, say, 1/2" PVC pipe as opposed to 3/8" flexible tubing.. I was envisioning making one or two of them. They would come straight up out of the lid, over to the side, and down the side of my fermenting buckets. It seems this would be a bit more air-tight than the traditional flexible tubing method.. but I could be wrong.. any takers?

Yeah there are some pictures here of some of the people's pvc setups. More than likely if you want to see one, search for exploding fermenter or something along those lines. Usually we all post our favorite solutions....I just wish I could recall, which HBT'ers have made the PVC blowoffs...

Hopefully someone will be along with a pic of theirs...if not, just do a search.

Yeah look through the gallery there are a few of these floating around in there. Remember that if you need a blowoff tube then you done really have to worry about air tight. There is so much CO2 being produced that external air cant get in. You just need to keep bugs, dust, wild beasts out of your brew.
And here......

https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=12749

Back