sediment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cider can take a long time to settle out. I have a batch in the kegger that took 6 months to clear.

I meant that when I bottled, it was clear, and now (since bottling) I have large chucks of "stuff" in my cider maybe 300% more tha when bottled

Even cider that appears to be clear will still have some bits floating in it that will eventually settle out. Carefully decant it into a glass so you don't get any sediment in there when you do decide to serve it.

Talcottsk said:
I meant that when I bottled, it was clear, and now (since bottling) I have large chucks of "stuff" in my cider maybe 300% more tha when bottled
Often a 'crystal clear' brew when you bottle a little too early can throw more sediment. Aging it in bulk before bottling will help to polish it.
As far as this brew goes follow OdinOneEye's advice and pour carefully to leave most of the sediment behind, it may slightly affect the taste of your cider over the longer term but i wouldn't worry too much, It doesn't sound like your brew has an infection.

Caplan said:
Often a 'crystal clear' brew when you bottle a little too early can throw more sediment. Aging it in bulk before bottling will help to polish it.
As far as this brew goes follow OdinOneEye's advice and pour carefully to leave most of the sediment behind, it may slightly affect the taste of your cider over the longer term but i wouldn't worry too much, It doesn't sound like your brew has an infection.

The sediment in the bottom of my secondary, is that stull yeast ?

Back