Sediment Trapping Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerMcAllen

Reaction score
I was reading a packaging magazine today and came across these bottles:
http://www.martinberasateguisystem.com

fondo-MBS_m-300x216.jpg

The chamber at the bottom of the bottle collects sediment and holds it when you pour. In the article it said that it is suitable for some beer, which means something like this might be an interesting option for getting a clean pour from a bottle conditioned beer.

I'd be concerned about all the wasted beer. I'm pretty good at pouring and I don't end up wasting much and I still avoid yeast. But maybe I could try this on a few bottles that I give to other people?

looks neat. I have never had a problem cleaning yeast from the bottom of bottles, but I usually don't leave them in the fridge too long.

I have been looking for a way to carry beers in my back pack without disturbing the yeast at the bottom. My bike is my primary means of transportation, and my buddys house that is about 1 mile away is my primary drinking location on weekends. After the ride they are all mixed up unfortunately..

Back