Secondary Question ???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big-o-2

Reaction score
I have been keeping my batches in secondary for a week, 2 at the most. Can you keep a batch too long in the secondary? :confused: I keg most of the time anyways.

I want to get my secondaries filled up soon for a party comming up in Feb. :rolleyes: I will buy some more kegs for the party. I just dont want to kill a good beer? :drunk:

Thanks,

Ive kept beer in the secondary when i used carboy's for about 4 months, and tasted good.

Thanks for all the input, I was thinking it would be OK. I just did not want to push it if it was going to be an issue. I will start preparing to boil every 4 - 5 days to get thing where I need them to be. Sister is having a big party and she likes my Brown Ale and Pilsner I make. She was hoping for like 4 - 6 kegs, good reason for me to get some more kegs. I am assuming that in the keg it will last about 6 months plus? Just need to make sure I bleed off the O2 and replace with CO2 right?

Thanks,

Back