Second batch one week in the bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zythos

Reaction score
Just got the chance to taste a small sample of my second batch. It's been in the bottle for a week. It's almost delicious! It definitely tastes like it could use some more time, but :ban: ! It's an extract kit, True Brew oktoberfest. I'm very pleased right now, definitely looking forward to cracking a few open at the three week mark. Thanks HBT, (before today I would RDWRHBT - Relax Don't Worry Read Home Brew Talk) now I really can RDWHAHB! :mug:

Do not store all the bottles in the fridge just yet. Conditioning needs to happen at 70F for good results because the yeast have to be active to do it. Usually 2 weeks at 70F does the trick for CO2. The extra sweetness will also go away given time. Aging is important.

Thanks, I know that though ;). I like to drink most beers at just below room temperature anyway. Many seem to taste better that way to me. Nevertheless, the advice is always appreciated.

Back