Seattle Seahawks Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abuchanan30

Reaction score
So I started this project a little while back, but remembered that I haven't posted anything here. Like most people, I was inspired to do a keezer based on other projects I've seen on here, so I figured I should pay it forward and hope that I might inspire others to do the same.

First let me start off in saying that I set out with my dad on building a bar/pub shed in my back yard that also doubles as my home office. I'm building a 14'x8', fully insulated man cave, so it's a work in progress. I got held up on some electrical inspection stuff, so I decided to break off from that a bit and focus on the keezer build. I also have a 7 month old baby at home, so updates may not be so quick, but I'm hoping that it won't be too much longer.

For the details, I started out with a Haagen Daz ice cream freezer that I scored off a local virtual garage sale site for $20. Because of this unique freezer that doesn't have a lid, I had to get creative - by no means am I a wood worker, but I thought I could figure something out. My idea is to encase the freezer in a box, and then attach a tap tower / coffin box on top for the taps. This freezer, with some height adjustment will fit 4 kegs, but I decided to only go with 3 taps. I don't brew my own beer, but I have a close friend that I can brew with so I didn't want to go overboard there. For the theme, since the shed will be a sports bar theme, and since I'm born and raised in the Seattle area, the obvious choice is to have a 12th Man cave. So I will be painting this blue and trimming it out in green and working on that bit. Here we go...

Back