SE Nebraska Group Buy Round 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, UNPAUSE on this! Our limit is 2300lbs. and we're near 2000 right now. The last few guys, if you're interested, please PM me your order as well as FULL name and EMAIL address.

Tre:
If you need another bag to fill out the pallet, you can add a sack of Ashburne Mild to my order.
No problems either way.
All the best,
Keith

Just noticed, are there two different prices for Maris Otter? I see a couple people who have it on their list for a bunch less than mine? Just confused... ?__?

I'd take a whole bag of flaked wheat to myself, if it doesn't cause any trouble with the order.

Just noticed, are there two different prices for Maris Otter? I see a couple people who have it on their list for a bunch less than mine? Just confused... ?__?

Stupid human error. Refer to price sheet from first post. Fixed on order sheet but also need to update my master at work (where I spend hours doing this stuff)

Anyone at beer quest today? I was the guy in Clark Kent glasses and a brown plaid shirt. We stayed for the after party, too

I was not, I brewed a beer for it that didn't make it into the top ten but was planning on coming up anyways...until my hangover kicked in and told me to go DIAF.

I was not, I brewed a beer for it that didn't make it into the top ten but was planning on coming up anyways...until my hangover kicked in and told me to go DIAF.

I too was planning on going to EBQ even though I didn't make it into the top 10 and was thwarted by the dreaded hangover! I did the OBW bus tour on Saturday and must have consumed a lot more than I thought as the hangover didn't go away until 3pm on Sunday.

Sorry for the absence guys, I was out sick yesterday. I'm finalizing the order right now and will post the new spreadsheet for you to verify. I'd like to give vendor the go-ahead to start creating invoices today so we can get the order placed this week, hopefully have our grain within a week of today or so.

I'm having the vendor send invoices as soon as he can, but if you find something off about your order please let me know and we'll correct it.

Guys who are splitting grain: If you're splitting with someone local to you and can arrange the split between yourselves, that would help me out a lot. I don't have the equipment at work to do any manner of precise weighing, nor do I think my boss or the owner would appreciate me spending time on such an endeavor. The bags I'm splitting with people, I will take those home and split on my scale there, the first day the grain arrives, and bring back the splits for you to pick up at my work along with the rest of your grain.

It's always stressful to fulfill these orders at my work during business hours. I'll have a large pallet of stacked bags to break down to several smaller pallets and label each order/partition it off to separate, then move it to the loading door where car-sized vehicles come...and all of this takes place in another building than where I work. I also cannot leave the grain near that loading door because there is no place to do so that is not in the way of the forklifts and/or normal transit.

Anyone who could come on a Saturday or after 5PM would be doing me a huge favor. That way I'm not interrupting anyone else at work (like material handlers/warehouse guys) nor am I cutting into my paid hours to do personal business. When we have a firm time on delivery, we can talk more, but something to keep in mind.

I could come on a saturday. Once the order is in I can come the following Saturday. I have a kitchen scale that goes up to 11 lbs, but using that in successive measurements it could split a bag. I can take the time to split the bag I am sharing with Big Red if that timeline works for him and it works for you. I appreciate you setting all this up, it is saving me a ton of cash.

Mine looks good, and if you still want to give me the whole bag of flaked wheat, great. If not, no biggie! I can try to stop by saturday or after 5pm, whatever makes it easiest. Muchas Gracias!

Mine looks good.

Tre, if you could send me the brewers' email addresses that are from Omaha, we can make pick up arrangements. That way we can communicate a place for people to drop off their "thank you" beers, as well as make the pick up once I've made the trip.

Thanks again for doing all this organization.

Mine is also good to go.

My dad works out of Lincoln and lives in Gretna and said he would help bring some back to Omaha to help out. He is there m-f, so if it works out I might be able to help get some of the grain back closer to the Omaha area. Just a thought for the Omaha guys.

Barnes, I am around the Omaha area. I can help organize getting all our grains back. May have some issues with being on call, but will figure something out.

I am down for a 5:15/5:30pm pickup depending on the day OR a Saturday is also fine - and I can happily take care of splitting up my & PB's bag of white wheat - I have extra grain sacks and a good kitchen scale at home, it's no sweat for me.

(In fact, PB, if you are busy on whatever day pickup winds up being - I would be happy to hold your bags for you, split the white wheat, and then just drive your order over to you all at once, since we're on the same side of town.)

Barnes, I am around the Omaha area. I can help organize getting all our grains back. May have some issues with being on call, but will figure something out.

Dave, I am in Omaha too. I will reimburse you for gas for picking up Omaha orders. When we have a firm pick up date I will PM you my phone # and we can iron out the details and what works best for you.

Just sent an email to put everyone in touch with everyone else. If even just a few of you Omaha guys come with a reasonably-sized vehicle, all of the "up North" grain could go in just a few loads. I would be willing to help deliver Lincoln grain to anyone who has a hard time coming on a Saturday, too.

Here are my splits. Not sure how this will work. Maybe someone can chime in....

50/50 White Wheat with Stovetop

50/50 Munich 10L with Stovetop

33/33/33 Honey with Stovetop & Tre

50/50 Flaked Wheat with agentEhrman

I can send some large plastic bags with whomever from Omaha does the pickup to help split up the grains.

Mine looks good, and if you still want to give me the whole bag of flaked wheat, great. If not, no biggie! I can try to stop by saturday or after 5pm, whatever makes it easiest. Muchas Gracias!

My bad, I said I would do that (give you my half) but I forgot to. I've changed the order sheet and emailed the vendor to make the change.

Here are my splits. Not sure how this will work. Maybe someone can chime in....

50/50 White Wheat with Stovetop

50/50 Munich 10L with Stovetop

33/33/33 Honey with Stovetop & Tre

50/50 Flaked Wheat with agentEhrman

Negative Ghost Rider. You're splitting the wheat with stovetop now. Ehrman is getting a whole bag of wheat (my half is now his)

I will split the Honey and send the 2/3 (in two bags) with whomever you designate to get your grain. You and Stove can hopefully split the others.

Thanks again for organizing all of this Tre. I guess I will plan to pick up my grain from Chris after he picks it up from you.

Guys, I noticed I had the honey malt at the wrong price (I had $25 for the whole bag! That's half price!). I'm updating the order sheet, but us 3 who are splitting that bag, our price goes up just a little.

PAID! Thanks again, Tre. It's going to be nice brewing on the cheap! Now I need to start washing yeast..

Latest posts

Back