Scottish Ale Predicament!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonbrout

Reaction score
On my annual road trip to Dallas from TN I stopped in Little Rock for some tasty grub. Hearing about Boscos (the restaurant for beer lovers) I decided to give it a whirl. I had a beer sampler but one really stood out to me. I would love to reproduce it somehow but this is all the info i can find on the subject.

Isle of Skye Scottish Ale
(1998 & 2003 Real Ale Festival Medal Winner)

Our Scottish Ale combines the flavor of seven types of malt along with three varieties of hops to create a rich, full-bodied brew. A touch of vanilla brings all these flavors together. Try it with our Gorgonzola Pear Salad or our Pork Chop!
O.G. 1066 I.B.U. 30

Heres the site: Boscos - Brewery - Beer

I understand the vanilla will be added in secondary and amount will be solely dependent on how much I like. However, I have no idea other than that where to start (ex: base grains, other grains, what type of hops, adjuncts, etc). I just got my AG setup going and would love some input from anyone.

Thanks for you time. :mug:

Skye has a fair number of distilleries in its general local. They might be using distillers malts and or getting the some of the vanilla flavors from wood. I've always wanted to track down some cousins in Skye and sample the malts beverage there.

Latest posts

Back