Scored a bunch of Grolsch bottles.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daphatgrant

Reaction score
Just scored these for free, I keg my beer but I couldn't pass up the price, 118 green and 10 brown. If I hadn't taken them they were going to be returned for deposit. All seem to be in great shape, only missing one swing top. They are currently soaking in oxiclean so I can get the labels off, seems to be working great already. I'll probably keep the brown bottles and 12 of the green and give the rest of them away in my local homebrew club for some karma points. $10 from Bell's for 100 new gaskets.

zhQ1qX8l.jpg

I am not seeing any swing tops in the posted picture. Did you remove them?

I am not seeing any swing tops in the posted picture. Did you remove them?

Yeah, sorry didn't mention that, they were all taken of prior to that picture so I could clean them separately.

Here's a little update:

wFtrzQdl.jpg

PE03rkil.jpg

Zawufyfl.jpg

It was a long task, much longer than I could have anticipated. It took an overnight soak in OxiClean to remove the labels, a couple unsuccessful sanitizer runs in the dishwasher, another overnight soak in PBW, a scrub and rinse in clean water and a sun dry. Now I've got 128-1 clean Grolsch bottles. The -1 is a chipped bottle, it's on the base and it's probably OK but it'll have to go, it was a brown one as well (the nicer of the bottles). I've got replacement gaskets on the way from farmhousebrewingsupply.com.

My next task will be making some form of a case/box for the bottles. I don't currently have a good way to store them but I've got some ideas. I'll create another thread when I get started on that project.

My next task will be making some form of a case/box for the bottles. I don't currently have a good way to store them but I've got some ideas. I'll create another thread when I get started on that project.

I use wine cases, but cut them down to size so I can store more cases vertically. Unrefined but its easy.

Back