Score du'Jour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
Just got back from Cost Plus World Market. I didn't realize they sold beer and wine, but I caitalized nicely from their offerings:

Two Brothers Heavy Handed IPA
Stoney Creek Vanilla Porter
Chimnay Blue (they also had white and red).

Everything's in the fridge right now (since it's all sold warm) so I've yet to sample, but I'm quite excited. I also picked up a couple bottles of interesting looking wines.

Cheesefood said:
Just got back from Cost Plus World Market. I didn't realize they sold beer and wine, but I caitalized nicely from their offerings:

Two Brothers Heavy Handed IPA
Stoney Creek Vanilla Porter
Chimnay Blue (they also had white and red).

Everything's in the fridge right now (since it's all sold warm) so I've yet to sample, but I'm quite excited. I also picked up a couple bottles of interesting looking wines.

Interested to hear what you have to say about the vanilla porter....

Good score, I'm beginning to love World Market!

Dude said:
Interested to hear what you have to say about the vanilla porter....

Good score, I'm beginning to love World Market!

I actually thought of you when I picked it up. Figured you'd get a kick out of me getting it since you know how much I like vanilla beer.

Cool place though. I got a lot of wine.

Cheesefood said:
I actually thought of you when I picked it up. Figured you'd get a kick out of me getting it since you know how much I like vanilla beer.

Cool place though. I got a lot of wine.

I am fascinated by vanilla in beers--but all the ones I've tried I've been disappointed in the vanilla flavor. Beans seem to give it a harshness I don't like.
I'm going to go over the thread with your Caramel cream recipe and see what I'm doing wrong. I'd like to make one this summer for the girlies that come over. ;)

Hey Cheese - I bet you went to the one across the street from where I work (in S'burg)! I went there a couple weeks ago after another thread here was posted with a heads-up! I got a Winter 12-pack. Mine was a good deal, too, but I did find that a couple of the beers in my 12-pack were old - one was a porter bottled in December of 2004. Hell, I drank it anyway!:)

Dude, I bought a sixer of Stoney Creek Vanilla Porter about seven years ago - right as I was starting to brew - and didn't care for it. Too much vanilla for my tastes; just seemed overpowering. I ended up either giving it away or dumping it, I can't rememeber. I've steered clear of vanilla in beer ever since. I see your and other's posts about using vanilla and just think to myself, "Looks good, but, naw... can't do it!". ;)

Maybe you guys will feel differently than I did. :confused:

I brewed cheese's vanilla cream ale. It is in the bottles now, I think it needs a month or more in the bottles. As per his recipie i used 6-8 oz of vanilla extract. Wow that is some strong vanilla flavor. Do you think it will mellow w/ time?

hit world markey today. kinda nice to have, 'cause when the liquor stores w/ the best beer are colsed on Sunday, you can get a good sixer there. grab a Pyramid Thunderhead IPA. good, not a big IPA, but a good pale ale.

I got the last two sixxers of SN Celebration Ale on Tinker AFB today. Asked if they had any cases left, and, nope, that was it!

Sam75 said:
I got the last two sixxers of SN Celebration Ale on Tinker AFB today. Asked if they had any cases left, and, nope, that was it!

he..hehehe..hehe....he...hehehe...you said Tinker....he...hehehe...:drunk:

Back