Score du'Jour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Cheesefood

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2005
Messages
6,740
Reaction score
53
Location
Poo-Poo Land
Just got back from Cost Plus World Market. I didn't realize they sold beer and wine, but I caitalized nicely from their offerings:

Two Brothers Heavy Handed IPA
Stoney Creek Vanilla Porter
Chimnay Blue (they also had white and red).

Everything's in the fridge right now (since it's all sold warm) so I've yet to sample, but I'm quite excited. I also picked up a couple bottles of interesting looking wines.
 

Dude

Well-Known Member
Lifetime Supporter
Joined
Jan 15, 2005
Messages
8,768
Reaction score
122
Location
Ramstein-Miesenbach
Cheesefood said:
Just got back from Cost Plus World Market. I didn't realize they sold beer and wine, but I caitalized nicely from their offerings:

Two Brothers Heavy Handed IPA
Stoney Creek Vanilla Porter
Chimnay Blue (they also had white and red).

Everything's in the fridge right now (since it's all sold warm) so I've yet to sample, but I'm quite excited. I also picked up a couple bottles of interesting looking wines.
Interested to hear what you have to say about the vanilla porter....

Good score, I'm beginning to love World Market!
 
OP
Cheesefood

Cheesefood

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2005
Messages
6,740
Reaction score
53
Location
Poo-Poo Land
Dude said:
Interested to hear what you have to say about the vanilla porter....

Good score, I'm beginning to love World Market!
I actually thought of you when I picked it up. Figured you'd get a kick out of me getting it since you know how much I like vanilla beer.

Cool place though. I got a lot of wine.
 

Dude

Well-Known Member
Lifetime Supporter
Joined
Jan 15, 2005
Messages
8,768
Reaction score
122
Location
Ramstein-Miesenbach
Cheesefood said:
I actually thought of you when I picked it up. Figured you'd get a kick out of me getting it since you know how much I like vanilla beer.

Cool place though. I got a lot of wine.
I am fascinated by vanilla in beers--but all the ones I've tried I've been disappointed in the vanilla flavor. Beans seem to give it a harshness I don't like.
I'm going to go over the thread with your Caramel cream recipe and see what I'm doing wrong. I'd like to make one this summer for the girlies that come over. ;)
 

Rhoobarb

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
3,553
Reaction score
20
Location
Gainesville
Hey Cheese - I bet you went to the one across the street from where I work (in S'burg)! I went there a couple weeks ago after another thread here was posted with a heads-up! I got a Winter 12-pack. Mine was a good deal, too, but I did find that a couple of the beers in my 12-pack were old - one was a porter bottled in December of 2004. Hell, I drank it anyway!:)

Dude, I bought a sixer of Stoney Creek Vanilla Porter about seven years ago - right as I was starting to brew - and didn't care for it. Too much vanilla for my tastes; just seemed overpowering. I ended up either giving it away or dumping it, I can't rememeber. I've steered clear of vanilla in beer ever since. I see your and other's posts about using vanilla and just think to myself, "Looks good, but, naw... can't do it!". ;)

Maybe you guys will feel differently than I did. :confused:
 

AHammer16

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
501
Reaction score
4
Location
Chicago, IL
I brewed cheese's vanilla cream ale. It is in the bottles now, I think it needs a month or more in the bottles. As per his recipie i used 6-8 oz of vanilla extract. Wow that is some strong vanilla flavor. Do you think it will mellow w/ time?
 

DeRoux's Broux

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2004
Messages
2,959
Reaction score
7
Location
Beaumont
hit world markey today. kinda nice to have, 'cause when the liquor stores w/ the best beer are colsed on Sunday, you can get a good sixer there. grab a Pyramid Thunderhead IPA. good, not a big IPA, but a good pale ale.
 

SwAMi75

Banned
Joined
Mar 6, 2005
Messages
2,458
Reaction score
11
Location
Midwest City, OK
I got the last two sixxers of SN Celebration Ale on Tinker AFB today. Asked if they had any cases left, and, nope, that was it!
 

DeRoux's Broux

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2004
Messages
2,959
Reaction score
7
Location
Beaumont
Sam75 said:
I got the last two sixxers of SN Celebration Ale on Tinker AFB today. Asked if they had any cases left, and, nope, that was it!
he..hehehe..hehe....he...hehehe...you said Tinker....he...hehehe...:drunk:
 
Top