Scofflaw Brewing Company Basement IPA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultravista

Reaction score
While in Georgia last month, I had the opportunity to try Scofflaw's Basement IPA - a Northeast style IPA.

I would like to get my hands on a recipe. The brewery hasn't responded to email or Facebook.

Has anyone else tried the awesome beer?

------
Basement – This juicy IPA was developed in our “underground” basement brewery. Shh…don’t ask about what was happening in the basement, but the beer flows out of the tap a deep persimmon with fluffy khaki foam. The only dank aroma emanating from this basement is one of earthy tones, juicy citrus and a hint of lemongrass all derived from Citra hops. Basement IPA is balanced with a nice malty body that creates a sweet finish and developed hop notes in every sip. There is a hint of alcohol heat on the way down for this hop forward Northeast style IPA. Beer geeks rejoice but you have to leave your parent’s basement because for now Basement IPA is only at your local establishment.

------

My homebrew club is aiming to have a meeting there this month - if we go, I'll try to gather some intelligence for you.

They are making some good stuff. I find this beer beer to be extremely fruity, tropical, and not very bitter. I'd start with a "standard" NE-style IPA recipe, maybe 75/15/10 pale/oats/wheat, lots of late Citra hop additions and dry hopping. If we go there, I'll try to find out their yeast (if it is the same for all).

Yes I have had this beer and I can tell you it is quite delicious! I don't blame you in your wanting to clone this but good luck! A very reliable source said the recipe is hush hush. Cheers

gbarron - AWESOME! Please report back. I have emailed and Facebook messaged them but no response.

One of the cofounders of Scofflaw worked at Lost Abbey and Russian River before opening this brewery in ATL

Back