Schneider/ Brooklyn Hopfen Weiss... interesting...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjzelectric

Reaction score
Pick up a .5 L of this the other day. I love a good IPA and of course I REALLY love a good hefe too. This was an interesting blend of the two. A hoppy hefe. Pretty good but not sure I could drink a lot of this one. Anyone else try this one? Whaddya think?:mug:

Pick up a .5 L of this the other day. I love a good IPA and of course I REALLY love a good hefe too. This was an interesting blend of the two. A hoppy hefe. Pretty good but not sure I could drink a lot of this one. Anyone else try this one? Whaddya think?:mug:

Pretty good beer. I wonder how they are fresh.

Not a huge fan. In theory, the combination is interesting, but in reality, I find the two flavors don't compliment each other at all. The same goes for "Belgian IPAs." I just think that the estery/phenolic yeast character clashes with the strong hops.

Not a huge fan. In theory, the combination is interesting, but in reality, I find the two flavors don't compliment each other at all. The same goes for "Belgian IPAs." I just think that the estery/phenolic yeast character clashes with the strong hops.

I disagree. I really like Belgian IPAs and really like the Hopfen-Weisse.

YEAH!! Absolutely L-O-V-E this brew!! Am working on my 3rd case of it....will be sad if this goes away....my beer rep at Hy-Vee sez that they are going to be brewing up a "new" batch this summer so it may stay as one of their "regulars". I truly hope so.

At 8.2% it's a sipper of a beer and yes, the alcohol has a way of sneaking up on ya....:mug:

Back