Scheduling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmoothSmoke

Reaction score
I'm brewing up a Sierra Madre kit from Northern Brewer. I pitched it on the 10th. The instructions say it takes 6 weeks to be ready. However I have some out of town guests that I want to "wow" them with my new hobby, they'll be here in 4 weeks. Any chance this brew will be ready by then? If not, anything I can do to speed up the process?

Here is the brew
http://www.northernbrewer.com/documentation/beerkits/SierraMadre.pdf

Well your PDF link does say:
READY: 6 WEEKS
1–2 weeks primary, 2-4 weeks secondary,
1–2 weeks bottle conditioning

So do 1 week primary, 2 weeks secondary, and 1 week conditioning. Yoda will come around to tell you that's wrong, and I'm sure he's right but you can do it anyway.

it's a basic pale ale. should be ready to bottle/keg after 3 weeks. it gets better with a little age, but should be fine then

If you skip the secondary and bottle as soon as its done fermenting you will have carbed beer.. It won't be very clear or all that great but it will be bubbly beer.

Forgot to mention. I don't have a secondary vessel. I was planning on a long first. Maybe 3 weeks in primary and 1 week bottling?? I wonder if 1 week bottled would be enough to throw some back?

Nope...sorry. It usually takes 3+weeks to fully carbonate. The can see it in the fermenter though!

Nevermind, I think I may have enough time. Just checked the calendar. Company will be showing up on the 13th of July. This is what I'll plan to do.

6/10 = Pitched
6/20 = FG check
6/21 = FG check
6/22 = FG check and hopefully bottle

That should give me roughly 3 weeks conditioning time. Hopefully the wort can be fermented in 10-12 days.

Latest posts

Back