Saturdays Are My 'Brew Day'!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhoobarb

Reaction score
I no longer have any excuse not to make most Saturdays my official brew day.

SWMBO has accepted a job at an upscale retirement community near the low-scale one she used to work at. She is very happy, as she likes working with the old folks and she really wanted this position. I'm happy for her.

Its an 8am-5pm job, but the kicker is, she has Wednesday & Thursday off and works the weekends. So, I'll be all alone during the day on Saturdays and Sundays. She said, "Think of all the time you'll have to yourself to do nothing but brew on Saturdays!"

She makes a very good point.:D But still this is gonna feel kind of weird, at least in the beginning. We've done things together most every weekend since we began dating 2-1/2 years ago.:( This weekend will most likely be our last full weekend together for quite sometime.

So, it looks like I'll have to drown my sorrows with the company of the mash tun and brewpot.

Sweet! Way to go! I need to get SWMBO to go horseback riding 2 Saturdays a month. :D I bet you will be building up supply soon!

You won't be seeing her as much but at least you'll be brewing more... although if your SWMBO is like mine I try to find a happy medium between the two. I wouldn't want her gone every weekend.

Back