Sanitizing with Sanidate 5.0

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burkhardt

Reaction score
Several commercial breweries in my area are using Sanidate 5.0 as their preferred sanitizer for equipment and bottles. So why not me?

Further research...It's a no-rinse food grade all-surface sanitizer with FDA approval and organic farming certified. Concentrate or ready-use bottles can sanitize stainless steel equipment, fittings, hose AND bottles. The concentrate mix ratio is approximately 1.5 ounce per 5 gallon bucket of water. Soak time is just 1 minute. Super fast and easy.

Anyone else using this sanitizer?

Breweries are using it because Star-san is not organic and thus, their product cannot be labelled as such. If you are already using organic malt, then this is one of the next steps.

SaniDate 5.0 is a peroxygen based mold cleaner and mold disinfectant product that may be used to effectively inhibit the growth of mold and mildew and odors caused by them in general commercial environments such as:

Anything sold to remove "mold" gets a premium price because people, insurance companies & lenders freak out when the word "mold" gets mentioned. Try and get a new home mortgage on a house that shows "mold" in the inspection report.

Breweries are using it because Star-san is not organic and thus, their product cannot be labelled as such. If you are already using organic malt, then this is one of the next steps.

I don't know the commercial brewing regulations, but if they are under the same rules as the food industry, cleaners/sanitizers don't have any effect on the labeling of organic products.

Off topic....
Anything sold to remove "mold" gets a premium price because people, insurance companies & lenders freak out when the word "mold" gets mentioned. Try and get a new home mortgage on a house that shows "mold" in the inspection report.

No offense, but I would "freak out" if my home inspection showed mold also. Some types of mold are very dangerous to people. With protective gear and a little elbow grease it can be removed and then the area can be sanitized with a bleach solution.

Latest posts

Back