Sanatizing my siphon....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stonedog

Reaction score
All-

What is the best way to get the sanitization solution INSIDE my siphon? I dont have an auto-siphon....or should I just buy an auto-siphon?

I bought a wallpaper tray at Home depot (very cheap). Its long enough to lie the racking tube in. Just pour some warm water in the wallpaper tray, add some no rinse One Step sanitizer and plop in the racking tube.

Hope this helps.

Ken

I always store my siphon torn apart. If you store it together the seal will stay compressed all the time and shorten the life of the seal.

I just put the outer cylinder in a bucket of sanitizing solution, dip the seal into the bucket to get the seal wet and reassemble and place all the hose into the bucket Push the cane into the cylinder to rack it as you would to rack. The inside of the hose fills up.:D

Well yes, I would suggest getting an autosiphon, but you'll still need to get that wallpaper tray to sanitize it. I also like to use the siphon to "pump" solution through my racking tubing. Realize that when you rack, the outside of the tubing touches beer too.

Back