San Francisco Breweries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anchor brewery is in the mission district
speakeasy ales is in south sf, they have a sf giants pre game bbq every saturday
san francisco beer co. is in north beach
sausilito brewery (pro mash people) is in marin county right over the golden gate bridge

theres sooo many more i cant think of right now...

just go to the toronado bar on lower haight street in between fillmore and steiner the bartenders will tell you all you need to know...

There was a good one in Alameda but that was like 15 years ago so I dunno if it's still there and I cant remember the name of it for the life of me. If it's still there I could probably walk out the gates of the old Navy base and walk (or stumble) right to it :tank:

There is a brewpub on Haight Street, called Magnolia, that has pretty good beer and food. In fact, it is only other place besides McNeil's that I know of that serves cask conditioned ales. Worth checking out.

Thirsty Bear! It's down by the Moscone Center. Great beer. Great vibe. FANTASTIC menu. It's all Spanish tapas. One of the best ideas for a brewpub menu I have ever seen.

Tapas are kind of like a full menu of just appetizers. So you get a bunch of different things and everyone shares. Really fun and tasty.

Cheers :D

PS - In San Francisco, don't miss Toronado on lower Haight. Not a brewery, but you'll find beers on tap there that you can't find literally anywhere else.

Jupiter is a great place, but it isn't a brewery, just a pub with a good selection of local craft brews.
The Toronado (in SF) isn't a brewery either, but has one of the largest selections on tap in the area. I just moved from the Bay area and even though I was there for ten years, I can't think of any great breweries there (some ok ones, maybe). I generally headed up the coast.

david_42 said:
Jupiter is a great place, but it isn't a brewery, just a pub with a good selection of local craft brews.

I'm confused :confused: I know they serve beer brewed by other breweries. I thought they also brewed on the premises? Who then makes Jupiter beer? Is it contract brewed locally?

looks like they do some brewing on premises....
http://www.jupiterbeer.com/berkeley/beer/index.html

NOW ON TAP... JUPITER BEER!
Jupiter now has a good selection of Jupiter Brand brews on tap! Made in our tanks in San Leandro and in our small brewery on the premises. Served in special 20 ounce Ultra glasses.

Jupiter Brands Now Pouring:

Jupiter Hefe
Jupiter Pale
Jupiter Sunspot Gold
Jupiter Honey Wheat
Jupiter West Coast Wheat Beer
Jupiter IPA
Jupiter Red Spot
Jupiter Amber
Jupiter Quasar (Double IPA)
Jupiter Porter
Jupiter Dry Stout (Nitro Pour)

Special This Month:
Jupiter Xtra Bavarian Hefewiezen

OK, it's been a few years. Guess they saw the light! Do they still have that sorry "jazz" group on Firdays?

Back