San Francisco Advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elshockaro

Reaction score
I am heading to San Francisco for the first time next week from CT. I arrive on Monday and I am planning on going to Russian River that night. My friends have asked me to bring back non-Pliney beers. Does anyone have an idea of how much they cost and what the limits are? I have heard a lot of conflicting information.

I also plan on going to Cellarmaker on Tuesday and I leave early morning on Thursday. Besides the great bars (City Beer Store, Toronado, Zeitgiest, Mikeller and Monk's Kettle) and the places I've mentioned, are there any other place I should try to get to? For either hanging out or to purchase bottles to bring back? Because I am leaving Thursday I am going to miss the Rare Barrel, totally bummed. Thanks all in advance for the help. I really appreciate it and I am totally looking forward to this.

I am heading to San Francisco for the first time next week from CT. I arrive on Monday and I am planning on going to Russian River that night. My friends have asked me to bring back non-Pliney beers. Does anyone have an idea of how much they cost and what the limits are? I have heard a lot of conflicting information.

I also plan on going to Cellarmaker on Tuesday and I leave early morning on Thursday. Besides the great bars (City Beer Store, Toronado, Zeitgiest, Mikeller and Monk's Kettle) and the places I've mentioned, are there any other place I should try to get to? For either hanging out or to purchase bottles to bring back? Because I am leaving Thursday I am going to miss the Rare Barrel, totally bummed. Thanks all in advance for the help. I really appreciate it and I am totally looking forward to this.

I believe the RR sours are $13, maybe limit 6? Damnation, Salvation, and the blonde are all about $5 or 6.

If you are going north, I would STRONGLY suggest going to Beercraft. It is on the way to RR and def worth the stop for their tap list and their bottle selection.

This.

I see people all the time recommend places to stop while traveling. Rarely does it ever live up to the hype.

Beercraft is one of those places that you will not regret the 3 minutes it took to get there from the freeway. Always great beers on tap and im bottles.

Back