San Antonio Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatDoc

Reaction score
Hey guys ill be movin out to San Antonio later in the year and was hoping to make a few contact out there, brew clubs, guys I can learn more from, and the LHBSs out there? Any info helps! And as always RDWHAHB! Thanks

Oh and also lookin at growing hops out there, any tips tricks and whats grows good?

Howdy. I'm just up the road in New Braunfels. My LHBS is HomeBrew Party in San Antonio. They've 2 locations; one on Nacogdoches Road and another on Bandera. I know they used to run a brew club as well but I was under the impression that it kind of fell apart.

There's also San Antonio Homebrew supply, but I've never been there.

Two other San Antonio-based homebrew clubs that I have no affiliation with whatsoever:

http://www.bexarbrewers.org/index.html
http://www.sanantoniocerveceros.org/#!/cxzg

If you ever want to do a brew swap or whatever just hit me up.

The other Homebrew store was not all that great. The owner was not very helpful or friendly, but according to reviews it's not bad if you become a regular. I much preferred the other mentioned.

I didn't look too hard for a home brewing club, but I knew of one. They had dues and such and seemed more geared towards you paying to brew with their gear for a fee. Wasn't what I was looking for.

Look into Neomexicana hops as they are more a southern growing hop and may do better in our environment.

Ill def look into those hops! And yeah im not all about fees lol I do like the idea of rotating through peoples brewing gear learning tips from other people, they use mine I use theirs, swap recipes and the like kinda thing. So hops like centennial and cascade grow pretty good down there? Thats what I was wanting to plant

I'm uncertain as to how well either would grow down here. I asked as those are ones I'd consider using for aroma, whirlpool, and dry hopping additions as the AAs don't matter so much. I was pointed to the Neomexicana type hops which ought to do better.

Maybe ask about Homebrew groups at the Homebrew stores.

I'm also located in San Antonio and frequent the homebrew party story on Bandera Rd. It's close to where my wife works so I go have lunch with her and pick up supplies on the way home. Friendly place to sit and chat with the workers.
I'm not part of any of the homebrew clubs but would be eager to brew with friends, old or new!

Too bad I didn't meet y'all while I was living there. I had been hoping to find brewing friends who might want to get together and drink our beers, as well as go in on bulk grains.

Back