Sam's Imperial Pilsner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benxrow2002

Reaction score
Just curious on who has tried this beer and what they thought of it. I have been wanting to try this style for a while but could never find it. I happened to come across it at some hole in the wall beer store.

IMO, the initial flavor is ok but this beer has an overwhelming hoppy finish. I'm not really big into bitter beers but this was way over the top for my taste.

I was just curious if others had tried it and their thoughts.

Got it as part of a beer exchange. Holy ^#@(!
Um, anyways, to call it "hoppy" would be a vaaaaast understatement. I'm with you. A bit much.

I personally loved the Sam Adams Imperial Pilsner. I knew it was going to be hoppy, but I thought it was pleasantly balanced. Like most others, I wouldn't classify it as a Pilsner, though.

Great beer.

here's my review of it
Hoppy boquet, spicey European hops for sure. Nice amber color with a white head. Light to medium mouth feel with a big spicey hop flavor, but i was expecting more. Malty back ground leads to a well balanced brew. Cold use more of everythign to make it a better "Imperial" style.

I was pleasantly suprised by this beer. It was a lot hoppier than i had expected...which is fine by me. during the time it was for sale i think i bought about 4 or so 4-packs of it.

Yea, I love the stuff. One of my favorite comercial brews actually. Too bad it's so hard to find. :(

IMG_0055.JPG

Straight, hop-tastic yumminess. Probably my favorite offering from Sam.

Of course, this is coming from a guy who brewed an IIPA that was over 170 IBUs (a waste of hops, since the tongue can't distinguish bitterness over about 120 IBU).

Deofol said:
Yea, I love the stuff. One of my favorite comercial brews actually. Too bad it's so hard to find. :(

One of my faves, too. I bet its only going to get MUCH harder to find and become MUCH more expensive with the hop shortage.

:(

i loved this beer. easy to find in my area. some of the best hoopyness and balance that I have had in a beer.

Back