Sam Adams Longshots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work near the Sam Adams brewery in Boston. I dropped my beer off Thursday. However, so that we could all start on an equal footing, I actually put the beer in my car Wednesday, drove it all around, left it in the car overnight, then dropped it a few times onto the pavement, then dropped it off at the brewery on Thursday.

Actually, didn't drop it on the pavement, but the rest is true.

Nice! Thanks for leveling the playing field. :mug: FedEx abused mine for 3 days. I still need to check to make sure it arrived in Cali in one piece.

Mine arrived to their Chicago address, but i haven't received notification from Sam Adams that it's been received. Anyone else having this issue?

Mine arrived to their Chicago address, but i haven't received notification from Sam Adams that it's been received. Anyone else having this issue?

I dropped mine off at the brewery on Wednesday and haven't received notification that they received it, nor has the status changed on the track your entries page. At this point, I wouldn't worry about it... you could.... RDWHAHB!

I dropped mine off at the brewery on Wednesday and haven't received notification that they received it, nor has the status changed on the track your entries page. At this point, I wouldn't worry about it... you could.... RDWHAHB!

Oh, I'm relaxing. I was just curious more than anything else, but I'm glad I'm not the only one. :D

I have entered twice, back when this first started about 5 years ago(?). First submission did not go well, as I have been kegging for years and had a hell of a time figuring out a counter-pressure bottle filler. Ended up with really flat beer at the competition. Second entry went a little better. I didn't win anything but it was cool to say that "I brewed for Sam Adams" and I got two t-shirts out of it with the logo "I took a shot in 2007". Once I'm back up and running again, I think I'll continue to enter. If nothing else its nice to get feedback from "professionals" about what you make.

So does anyone know if they email u that you are advancing? or do you w8 till sept and all find out at the same time?

I think you should have been contacted either by email or phone if you advanced. Scoresheets should be arriving in about 2 weeks if they stick to the same schedule as last year.

Has anyone received a scoresheet yet? I emailed SA on 8/17 asking if they mailed them out yet, but I have not received a response.

Website says scoresheest for non winners will be sent via email or usps by sept 1. and that semifinalist names will be posted on samadams.com on sept 1

hmm hopefully my scoresheet will come in soon. curious to see what i got as this was my 1st ever competition.

Got my scoresheets in today. did not do to bad got a 21 and a 23. this being my 1st competition im happy. It appears i missentered my beer so got lower scores than perhaps would have had i entered it "properly"

Scoresheets and T-Shift came today. Both beers scored 23.5 and one took a 3rd. No feedback and illegible handwriting this year. Grand Master II my ass.

Excited to get mine today. I figured I didn't win anything by now, but I did get a T-Shirt.

My Dusseldorf Alt got a 36 and my Kolsch got a 38 and placed 4th. Enjoying the Alt right now as I read the results.

I had entered a belgian dubbel laced with red currants. Because of the currants i entered it in catagory 16 e. got poor feedback they kept saying flavor not up to dubbel style. to fruity to acidic so on and so on. confused all negative feedback i got falls exactly in style paramaters for a belgian specialty. kept saying was not up to dubbel standards. perhaps that is why I DID NOT ENTER IT AS A DUBBEL but rather as a specialty ale. oh well better luck next year.

Got my scoresheet and tshirt yesterday. My Cascadian Dark entered under cat 23 scored a 40! Pretty stoked considering this was my first ever competition!

I had entered a belgian dubbel laced with red currants. Because of the currants i entered it in catagory 16 e. got poor feedback they kept saying flavor not up to dubbel style. to fruity to acidic so on and so on. confused all negative feedback i got falls exactly in style paramaters for a belgian specialty. kept saying was not up to dubbel standards. perhaps that is why I DID NOT ENTER IT AS A DUBBEL but rather as a specialty ale. oh well better luck next year.

How did you describe it? Obviously as a dubbel with currants, right? It needs to be a good dubbel with currants to score well with that description.

How did you describe it? Obviously as a dubbel with currants, right? It needs to be a good dubbel with currants to score well with that description.

thanks remilard. had not thought about it that way. I am still however very happy with how i did.

Back