Saccharomyces Cerevisiae

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bootlegger

Reaction score
As seen here: https://moonshinedistiller.com/tequila-yeast-safteq-blue-25g
And talked about in this video starting at 1:45:

The forecast for the next week Hot!, Hot!, Hotter!! and today being the Hottest of the year at 105F.

Being new to Homebrewing, and living in N. Texas, I'm curious about Warm Temperature brewing. And Saccharomyces Cerevisiae is working at 35C/95F!! Maybe I'm completely off the reservation; but, I would be curious if this yeast will work for beer? When Prickly Pears come into season in August/September I would like to try a recipe with them since Shiner didn't make any this year.
Shiner%20Prickly%20Pear%20Lager%20-%20300.jpg

According to the Video it will produce 6%ABV in 5-7 days.
Has anyone tried brewing with this yeast?
How did your recipe turn out?
What is your Recipe?

Attachments

• WTFforecast.jpg
    WTFforecast.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 23
Most beer ale yeast is Saccharomyces cerevisiae, so that's nothing new. The key is what type of chemical compounds that specific strain of yeast produces at the high temperature. Not sure what type of esters/phenolics/whatever are preferred for tequila fermentations, but they may not be great for beer. Try it out and report back. Otherwise check out any of the Saison strains or Kveik strains of S. cerevisiae, like Belle Saison or Omega Hothead, respectively.

Back