Sabco

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SABCO Brew magic came in yesterday, its beautiful!!

STOKED!!!

In 2 months time Sabco will release a complete redesign of the BrewMagic system for the same price you just paid and will nopt extend any discounts for upgrades to existing owners.

I'm interested to see all the changes compared to my recently acquired vintage model.

How old is yours? The statement above was true for me.

Ha. That is for the BM alone. Freight/Shipping is extra unless you got in on a promotion and the Chill Wizard is damned near another $800. Add in all the hoses and extra fittings, etc.... and you easily find yourself $9k invested on a complete system. 3 months later they release upgrades that would cost another $1000.0

I love my BM, but that left a bad taste in my mouth.

In 2 months time Sabco will release a complete redesign of the BrewMagic system for the same price you just paid and will nopt extend any discounts for upgrades to existing owners.

Interesting, we will see how much better the new one is. This system already has features that we did not see when purchased. Pizza place turned brew pub, very small brew pub, but a brew pub none the less. Getting paid to brew, pretty exciting

Interesting, we will see how much better the new one is. This system already has features that we did not see when purchased. Pizza place turned brew pub, very small brew pub, but a brew pub none the less. Getting paid to brew, pretty exciting

I am joking, partially. I am just a little burned that nothing was mentioned to me about timelines for new features. Had I known, I'd have waited another month or two to order because the improvements were that signifigant, IMO.

While the BM is everything I expected it to be and what I paid for , I am just a bit miffed about Sabco's lack of after sales loyalty. I didn't expect Sabco to offer me the upgrades free of charge of course but, dayum, I had mine for 2 or 3 months after shelling out nearly $8k and they wouldn't even consider a discount.

How old is yours? The statement above was true for me.

Ha. That is for the BM alone. Freight/Shipping is extra unless you got in on a promotion and the Chill Wizard is damned near another $800. Add in all the hoses and extra fittings, etc.... and you easily find yourself $9k invested on a complete system. 3 months later they release upgrades that would cost another $1000.0

I love my BM, but that left a bad taste in my mouth.

I see where you are coming from, but would you be better off with B3 who rarely make major upgrades at all?

I did feel a little pain when they made the part the kettles sit on removable, that would be nice. I was lucky enough to get in after the stainless tri-clamp element and that would have hurt more.

I don't know how old. The guy I bought it from estimates 99, but immnot sure it's that old. Has compression fittings on the outside of the kettles, stainless plumbing and brass ball valves. Tri-clamp dip tubes in the kettle and mash tun.

I paid $500 for mine, but that was essentially for the stand, kettles, and pump as I'm converting to all electric. I'm going to ditch most of the control box, RIMS tube, and some of the plumbing to convert to an eHERMS.

I don't know how old. The guy I bought it from estimates 99, but immnot sure it's that old. Has compression fittings on the outside of the kettles, stainless plumbing and brass ball valves. Tri-clamp dip tubes in the kettle and mash tun.

I paid $500 for mine, but that was essentially for the stand, kettles, and pump as I'm converting to all electric. I'm going to ditch most of the control box, RIMS tube, and some of the plumbing to convert to an eHERMS.

Ahh. Since then they have included a Unitronix touch screen PLC with PC connectivity, tri-clamp fittings throughout, a tri-clamp element enclosure, a stainless steel RIMs tube, stainless steel kettle pans (now also removable), banjo burners instead of hurricanes, and.....

I don't know what anymore. I got too frustrated seeing what I would have to pay for to upgrade.

I see where you are coming from, but would you be better off with B3 who rarely make major upgrades at all?

I did feel a little pain when they made the part the kettles sit on removable, that would be nice. I was lucky enough to get in after the stainless tri-clamp element and that would have hurt more.

Ayup. So now you see where I coming from. The kettle pans on mine are the powder coated ones that I have to touch up to keep from rusting out since the paint burns off. And, mine did not come with the tri-clamp element or stainless RIMs tube. The ONE upgrade I really do want.

Hell, I even had to pay to get the graduated sight glass tubes. The ones on mine were plain and I had to graduate them myself.

Don't get me wrong. My issues aren't with the machine itself. More to do with Sabco's lack of buyer loyalty. No matter what. I'd buy a BM again if I had to but, I'd be more frank with the staff in asking what upgrades are coming and when.

Boy...I love beer, and I love brewing beer, but for a starting price of 6k I better be getting paid to brew.

Other than that, the system looks AWESOME!!

As promised:

sabco 2.jpg

I certainly understand splurging if you have the cash, but what is so good about that system? You could make a basic 15 or 20 gallon setup for less than a grand, and if you are brewing professionally wouldn't you want a bigger batch size?

This system is used in a brew pub that will have three beers made in house and 25 commercial on tap, of course you would want a 1 bbl+ system, but money is tight so we decided to go small and brew more often. It will also allow us to be more diverse in our beer styles.

It also looks way cooler than the rig at my house, I mean I enjoy eating lunch in my garage next to it, but I’m not sure if the typical customer would.

I certainly understand splurging if you have the cash, but what is so good about that system? You could make a basic 15 or 20 gallon setup for less than a grand, and if you are brewing professionally wouldn't you want a bigger batch size?

It's commerciual intent is as a pilot brewery. To be used for test batching recipes prior to full scale production.

It found a HomeBrew market because we are generally brew-tech twits and this is accessible.

Back