S.S. Fermentor Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beermanpete

I will be handsome and that will be enough.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am considering getting a stainless steel fermentor but don't want a conical. Is there anyone making a flat bottomed SS fermentor that is essentially the same size as the ubiquitous plastic buckets? I could use a large stock pot but the lid won't have any latches to keep it from dislodging accidentally (like while lifting it into and out of the chest freezer).

I would strongly look at the anvil. I bought one, tried it out, and like it so much I bought another. It’s got a conical bottom, but it’s nice because all the trub settles into it and you can rack to a keg without transferring trub, or very little.

There’s also the sovereign and that has a flat bottom but it’s like 20 bucks more.

Thanks for the leads on the fermentors. They both look nice. The Sovereign is bit taller and may not fit in my freezer when the air lock is in place.

Thanks for the leads on the fermentors. They both look nice. The Sovereign is bit taller and may not fit in my freezer when the air lock is in place.

SS Brewbucket. It has a coned shaped bottom, but I wouldn't call it a conical.

If you have clearance problems with an airlock, just use a blowoff tube. Functions the same and can get you a couple inches.

There are also SS Milk Cans that would work too. But for the price, I'd just get a BrewBusket. But maybe you can find Milk Cans cheaper somewhere with some google-foo.

SS Milk Can Example

With what you are asking for, that Chapman does look pretty good. And its at a better price point too assuming you aren't interested on a bottom drain valve.

Back