S.American Cerveza Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtom1991

Reaction score
Planning my next brew (partial mash)

With summer coming up (while i love an Ale) i want to do a Cerveza in the style of Modelo / Sol a typical crisp easy drinking Cerveza.

What are peoples thoughts on the below:

20L
4.8%
11 IBU

Pilsner DME 1kg
Extra Light DME 1kg
Weyermann Extra Pale Premium Pilsner 0.6kg
Weyermann Cara Hell (Crystal 10) 0.1kg
Weyermann Cara Pils 0.1kg
Flaked Corn 0.7kg

Motueka Hops 32g (15mins Boil) - For some hint of citrus

My yeast options i am looking at either WLP 800, 840 or 940

Thoughts ?

I think it looks good. Ive never used Motueka hops before . I have some in the freezer I planned on using in a kolsch. The only thing that I'd do differently is the hops . I'd personally go with about .25 oz of Magnum @60 then use your Motueka at the end .

This style is one of the house favorites around here. I call mine " Uno Mas Especial" and use Magnum and Saaz. It comes out to about 12 ibus. You never know though , it may turn out great . You never know until you brew it.

I think it looks good. Ive never used Motueka hops before

I havnt used them before either, i thought they would be a good choice as they are described as zesty tropical lime aromas.

What yeast do you use for yours ? im edging towards WLP940

This is currently lagering (missed the summer window slightly.....alot)

Massively overshot the ABV its ended up @6.7% so will see what it actually turns out like. Think it might have left the realms of a refreshing easy drinking cerveza.

Gotta be careful with those Mouteka hops...i got VERY lime and lime pith...good if used in the right amounts...just didn't float with my grain bill or what I was expecting.

Hope yours turns out great! The lager yeast will do it's thing regardless of the ABV...best of luck!

Gotta be careful with those Mouteka hops...i got VERY lime and lime pith...good if used in the right amounts...just didn't float with my grain bill or what I was expecting.
How much did you use and what time temp or dry hop? I’m about to use some in a Mexican lager tomorrow and plan to 1 oz in 170F whirlpool for 10 mins for a 3.5 gal batch.

How much did you use and what time temp or dry hop? I’m about to use some in a Mexican lager tomorrow and plan to 1 oz in 170F whirlpool for 10 mins for a 3.5 gal batch.

It was a 12 gallon batch… I used the Mouteka to bitter and a 5 minute addition. Bittering was 1 oz 5 minute was 2 oz. Sorry for the late response!

Back