Running wires into the Keezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garmoni

Reaction score
What's the best way to run wires for the fan and temp probe into the keezer? Is it best to run them under the collar or drill a hole and run them through it?

Depends on how you built your keezer. If it has any kind of collar, go through that.
If not, you can go through the back of the lid then drop down through the liner.
I have all kinds of power and signal wires routed to the interior of my keezer along with CO2 and beer gas.

brewpints_43.jpg

If you don't want to go the lid or collar routes you can usually find a spot on the compressor hump wall that's free from tubing.

Do not go through the cabinet wall. Bad juju.

Cheers!

Guess I will run them through the collar. I'm assuming you want to plug the hole up good after get the wires through. What's the best way to do that?

Yeah, you definitely want to minimize places for air to get in and out.
I did it by mounting connectors on the lid so everything plugs in the back.

If you're just drilling holes and running wires through them, once you get everything settled and the lengths/slack wire adjusted so you're happy with it, you could seal up the holes with silicone caulk...

Cheers!

Back