RTIC 64oz Growlers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ISUBirds

Reaction score
Anyone use the RTIC 64oz Growlers for homebrew use? It doesn't seem like there are many reviews online of people using them from a homebrew perspective. I am thinking of getting a couple from their website as right now they are only $20. Anyone have opinions? Thanks in advance

I have a few of the large RTIC cups and have used them for keeping beers cold and they work well. I don't see why they wouldn't work.

Plus with them being much cheaper right now it couldn't hurt to try.

I am very curious about this as well! They are pretty heavy duty, so I imagine they will hold up to the pressure if you bottled them after priming and transferring from the fermentor.

My question is who has tried this? I wonder how much headspace you would need when filling it?

I bought 2 of them and use them as growlers to take to parties or taking home brew on the road. They hold carbonation and keep cold well for a day or two (I haven't tried to keep it any longer than that so I cant speak to how well it would work) but this is filling growlers from a keg which is already carbed up. I have not yet tried or plan to try carbing beer in them.

Thanks for the response! That makes me more comfortable to try it. I will let everyone know if I try it. I imagine I will just leave the same proportion of headspace that a regular bottle needs.

It did not blow its top! At 4 weeks of sitting in my closet I chilled it for 2 days in the fridge. Took it to the beach and shared with friends on a hot day. Delicious! The top did take a bit of muscle to open. Might leave it in the fridge one more day next time. It was chilled but not cold. Worked great taking it to the beach since it stayed cold and it did not have to remain in the cooler.

It ended up being about an inch below the threading. So when I pulled the wand out I would say the line was about halfway down the slanted part. I used one ounce of priming sugar per gallon when I racked to the bottling bucket. I feel confident going forward that the top was far from blowing off.

I have the 32oz (actually 36oz) model and use it to take beer down to our pool. Works great as I don't even worry about bringing a cooler

Back