RTD wiring color

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bock

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have some brand new RTD that i bought 2-3 year ago for an other project and never used them. I would like to use one for my eBiab setup. Only concern is when i look for the wiring, every info that i found is for 3 wire ( 2 red 1 white ). But mine are 3 wire ( 1 red, 1 green and 1 yellow ).

Is there someone that know the color pinout?
I would like to use it with my cheap "mypin" ta4 PID.
Thanks !

i suggest trying to locate the original seller. The colors are often different by seller.

There shouldn't be danger in also testing it out.

I would like to mention that The first time I tried to set it up I had bought the wrong type of sensor and that really threw me through a loop. I kept trying to get it to work. I added a resister where instructions told me all to no avail. Even where I thought i could adjust the "mypin" ta4 PID, it was always wacky.

Then I got the 'correct' sensor and it worked very easily.

Are you sure you have RTD's and not DS18B20's one wire digital temp sensors? You can test them with an ohm meter. Measure the resistance pair by pair. If you have the correct kind of RTD's, two pairs should measure 100 ohms, and the third pair should measure close to 0 ohms. The pair the measures 0 are equivalent to the read wires, and the odd wire out represents the white wire.

Brew on :mug:

Hi! Thank you guys. I will check it with my ohm meter tonight.
i have 3 sensor exactly like this one ( but mine is 3 different color wire )
$_35.JPG

Was thinking to hook it up in a 1/4" compression fitting.

Aaahh , find out they are DS18B20! So, good for the garbage :p ?

Aaahh , find out they are DS18B20! So, good for the garbage :p ?
DS12B20's can be quite useful. But, you need to hook them up to something like a RaspberryPi or Arduino to work. Typical PID controllers can't use them.

Brew on :mug:

Back