Rolling Brew Cabinet, Anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slayer021175666

Reaction score
So, I brew in my kitchen but I have to store everything in a spare bedroom down the hall. It makes for a LOT of trips there and back. Does anyone have this same problem? How did you solve it? I'm thinking of some sort of rolling storage cabinet or other means of hauling it all out at once and rolling it all away at once when, I'm done brewing. Before I just go ahead and "wing it", I thought I'd see what ideas you guys might have and if you can show some pics, that'd be excellent!
Thanks Guys.

So, I brew in my kitchen but I have to store everything in a spare bedroom down the hall. It makes for a LOT of trips there and back. Does anyone have this same problem? How did you solve it? I'm thinking of some sort of rolling storage cabinet or other means of hauling it all out at once and rolling it all away at once when, I'm done brewing. Before I just go ahead and "wing it", I thought I'd see what ideas you guys might have and if you can show some pics, that'd be excellent!
Thanks Guys.
I have no good solutions. I brew in my back yard so I have a deck-box with my burner, stock pot and hose to filter tap water. In my garage I have my fermenter and kegerator, so once my beer cools, I have to truck it from the back yard into the garage. I think I need to upgrade my environment somehow.

What does your system consist of? It would be easier to make suggestions if we knew just how much stuff you had to move. Also, how much space do you have in the bedroom where you store your brewing gear?

That said, something like this mobile kitchen island might be a possibility. I scored this at a garage sale about 10 years ago for $75. New these things can run $300-400. I don’t move it, but it is on casters. The cabinet measures about 18”x30” and the top has 2 sections. The fixed (front) portion is 18”x44”. The rear part folds down against the back of the cabinet or can be folded up and supported by a hinged support (called a “gate leg”) which swings out from the back of the cabinet. That section measures 12”x44”. So, with the top fully extended it measures 30”x44”.
0B4F2147-1DA9-4757-B1A3-497D98DAB043.jpeg

5F321103-A19D-43EE-93BD-2BBAAFCCED01.jpeg

I have my Anvil, pump, on a cart I made from scrap and 4 casters. I had some polyester resin left over and I put a thick coat on the top to waterproof it. Added a 1 inch rim to hold any small spills. I have room to put the fermenter on it also. Rest of the supplies are in one location except for the grain.

My brew rig is on a 2'x6' stainless steel table that I added casters to. You can add casters to anything with just a few tools and sometimes they'll just screw in to some tables and shelves. I originally had my keezer on a simple piece of mdf that I cut to size and screwed casters to.

Back