Robobrew Brewzilla 65L

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went with the V3 robobrew to go smaller so I can brew more often, in the house. If I knew then what I know now I would never have bought the overpriced coffee urn, let alone its bigger brother! Mine works great but I could have built something far superior for less money.

I went with the V3 robobrew to go smaller so I can brew more often, in the house. If I knew then what I know now I would never have bought the overpriced coffee urn, let alone its bigger brother! Mine works great but I could have built something far superior for less money.

That's funny....but what do you know now that you didn't?

I have a regular one, it’s so easy, works great, but if/when I go a bit bigger I will probably just build something along the same concept myself. If I didn’t have those skills, I’d buy it.

Thanks for the input guys. Think I am going to hold out for Ss brewtechs new Ebiab coming out early next year. I want something that is going to last.

this looks like a pretty nice setup for less than some of the other systems. I'm warming to the idea of electric and condensing some equipment into one unit, no room for big brew sculpture. according to kegland, and short circuit review, the metal is thicker on parts for the bigger unit. seems to be pretty well received.

For me, the robobrew changed everything. Mine has worked hard for me, just about every other week since last August. I’d like to brew a little less often, which is the only reason I’ve decided to move to 10 gallon batches. I may still keep the robobrew for small batch beers, but, it’s been good to me. After I got the whirlpool attachment from brewhardware.com it’s been even better! Faster cooling and no hops issues is awesome.

Not beer only, but I'm down about 30 pounds this year.
I share a lot of beer, and brew for the office as well.

A few questions for specifically the 65L Robobrew Brewzilla:

1) For mash thickness consideration and calculation, what volume of water sits below the bottom of the malt pipe during the mash?
2) For total water volume and projected grist weight and OG calculation, should any volume of water (in addition to standard grain absorption) be considered to be an unrecoverable write off? And if so, what is this unrecoverable volume?
3) What is the finest two roller crush gap that should be used for barley and wheat malts without concern for a stuck mash that won't run-off adequately?
4) What is a reasonable mash efficiency expectation?
5) What is the overall height when the malt pipe is lifted into the run-off position?

For me, I like my smaller one. I brew more often and experiment more frequently. That is a preference but if you are set on big batches, I say go for it, but at the end of the day I like to play around with stuff.... and sometimes myself. :D

Back