Road trip, what to look for.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scparks

Reaction score
Hey brewers,

In a few weeks or so, I'm heading to Gatlinburg, TN coming from Flint, MI. I'm looking for places to stop along the way (breweries, stores, etc.) where I can get things not available to us here in Michigan. I will be traveling I-75 through Ohio and Kentucky.

Cheers!

Father, Doctor of Physical Therapy, Michigan Alumnus, Home Brewer

You're passing through my neck of the woods, so I can offer a few tips. :mug:

Cincinnati has several good breweries that are not far from I-75, including Christian Moerlein and Rhinegeist (although I'll warn you that both are in not the greatest neighborhood).

Also, you might want to check out The Party Source right off I-471 in Bellevue, KY (right across the river from Cinci). Supposedly they're the largest liquor store in the country now, and their beer department is accordingly impressive. They also opened their own in-store brewery and taproom (Eight Ball) last year, although they only do growler service for to-go beer.

West 6th Brewing Co. in Lexington has a solid IPA and some good rotating taps at their brewery. Country Boy Brewing is supposed to be very good as well, but I haven't made it down there yet.

Once you get south of Lexington, you're pretty much into the Bible Belt, so your options are much more limited. :(

Back