RIP MCA You will be missed!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow...I just read about it on another site. Sad news indeed. Last week Levon, this week Adam Yauch. You will both be missed.

Man, this sucks. Rest in Peace. :(

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ru3gH27Fn6E?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was a big big fan back in the day. They were so innovative..Too bad..He will be missed. I remember seeing them in 86. Blew me away...

Great stuff. Even the wife loved Sabotage!

That Whatcha Want video kicks ass.

We've seen the Fight For Your Right (To Party) video on VH1 a few times recently and the kids are not impressed. I guess it's because they didn't grow up watching Animal House and Revenge of the Nerds...

I am so sad. One of my absolute favorite groups since I wore out my License to Ill tape back in high school. I have all their albums and still listen to them all the time. Even Mrs Baggins is a fan.

RIP Adam.

Been rockin my Beastie Boys playlist all afternoon. I know I got laid at least once because I was a BB fan. Thanks for that MCA.

way too young and unexpected (to me) I thought he had beaten the cancer and was doing well

very lucky I got to see them 3 times

RIP MCA

Never got to see them :(

But man were they my group back in the day. "Back in the day" for me was the mid 90s, proof that The Beastie Boys transcend generations.

One poster on Yahoo claimed the autopsy report is in. Adam Yauch died of an overdose of coolness. I'm inclined to agree.

RIP MCA

Best concerts I ever went to. So many great songs that I can't pick a favorite, but Skills to Pay the Bills gets me going every time.

When I saw The Beastie Boys in 08 for Rock the Vote Ben Stiller came out on stage as Ad Rock and jammed out Root Down! That was awesome! If you haven't seen their latest video which features The real Beastie Boys at the very end as cop check it out. It's awesome it has a ton of good actors in it

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in high school during the 90's so the Beasties, much like Nirvana, were a big part of me growing up. This depresses the hell out of me. They were/are an amazing group/band and my 2 year old son WILL know who MCA is.

I have been listening to/watching everything B Boy all evening trying to cope. This is the first time a "celebrity" death has affected me. It's weird, really, letting a total strangers death bother me, but there it is.

I have been listening to/watching everything B Boy all evening trying to cope. This is the first time a "celebrity" death has affected me. It's weird, really, letting a total strangers death bother me, but there it is.

Same here. SWMBO didnt understand it either, but when a total stranger is such an influence its hard to not be disturbed by their passing.

I tried explaining this to no avail until I asked how she would feel if the last remaining "Golden Girl" died, then she seemed to understand a tad.

Hardcore inspirational fan here. Last album ive repeated contiunoulsy for months,my favorate of the last decacade since check your head.I just cant belive it,i thought since he was sick it may have kind of been a joke for the hall of fame thing.but didnt realize or know how truley sick he was,that sucks!Now what? I feel like i lost a brother, i looked up to them like that.Even worse is i want to know what caused this cancer,in this day anything can,and im shure its avoidable even if known.Im pretty shure he was a health drivin wholeistic person(opposed to his earlier years) very unfortunate to be exposed to the poisons the world constantly offers.Ive been following them so to speak since the 80's=i feel old. 'Grandpa been rappin since 83.' Adrock/i know.Not literally.

Pauls' Boutique a classic and one of my favorite albums of all time

was rocking the vinyl last night :mug:

pb.jpg

Wanna fire them up on Spotify so bad right now but I doubt my place of employment would appreciate their style of music as much as I do.

I really need to hit up some iTunes and make some CDs for the car though.

maybe because he was young, maybe because I grew up listening to them... or because he was positive and doing his best... but MCA's passing has affected me. Listening to the 5 Boroughs right now. Beasties made me laugh and think. Love the punk rock influence in their music, along with all the other genres they sampled from. RIP MCA

RIP for sure, and Paul's Boutique pretty much got me through high school, but I'm happy that this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumia_Abu-Jamal lost one of his biggest monetary supporters. I have refused to spend money on the B'Boys ever since I learned of their support for this piece of human trash. Anything I've acquired of theirs since the 90's has been free.

AB, if I'm not mistaken wasnt it less support for Abu Jamal and more support for his fair trial? I know some folks thought he was rushed through the system.
RIP for sure, and Paul's Boutique pretty much got me through high school, but I'm happy that this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumia_Abu-Jamal lost one of his biggest monetary supporters. I have refused to spend money on the B'Boys ever since I learned of their support for this piece of human trash. Anything I've acquired of theirs since the 90's has been free.

His conviction has been upheld at every single level, including the SC. Only foreign countries and Hollywood still supports him. Even Congress passed an overwhelmingly bi-partisan resolution in regards. Some celebrities protest the death penalty part, and I have no issue with that, but the B'Boys and many others fought for his innocence long after the decision was affirmed by multiple levels of appeals courts.

with respect to terrapin one thing I am going to say is that Intergallactic was so catchy you can only get it out of your head with a bat...

I don't mean to at all. Like I said, I'm gonna miss him too in some ways - I know every single B'Boys lyric from License to Ill to Hello Nasty - but any celebrity that has been in the spotlight as long as him is going to have conflicting personas that not everyone agrees with.

Just discoverd now they were being sued from samples (unathorized?)currently.
And nowthat the cause of death is uncertain,now.Yeah-radiation can kill you. I dont know what his approach was, i just know i would not use radiation-depending.I know there are practices that are not legal here in the states that heal.But unless we have "permission" by law thanks to big pharma we cannot use anything unless its a drug.Ive also seen that now he was visiting the Tibietians for physical/spriitual healing.Seems he was using radiation though.It didnt work for my friends mom either.Here comes the circus.Of bull****.

Back