RIP Jackass (Ryan Dunn)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The world has not exactly lost a shining star, but none the less RIP Ryan I enjoyed lots of hours watching your stupid crap.

Its unfortunate that he died in such a random way. I could maybe see a stunt going wrong, but a car crash late at night? RIP Ryan. Even if you think all of those shows are dumb, it is still tragic for his family and friends.

Boy, I can really feel the love here...its interesting how numb some people are death. I mean I don't expect people here to be grieving, seeing as nobody personally knows him, but it's a sad day for his family and friends regardless...have some f'n heart! He could have easily been a close friend of family member of any one of us...and in that case people would be singing a totally different tune, regardless of the situation! RIP Ryan Dunn

I did not watch any of the "jackass" shows, and am only marginally aware of their existence. I most certainly did not know who this Ryan Dunn fellow was.

But the world is always a little sadder for the loss of anyone. If you can't mourn for him, at least mourn for his family and those who will miss him.

It's always tragic when someone that young loses their life due to preventable causes.

However, I guess I'm in the minority here thinking that this is probably just natural selection running it's course.

Boy, I can really feel the love here...its interesting how numb some people are death. I mean I don't expect people here to be grieving, seeing as nobody personally knows him, but it's a sad day for his family and friends regardless...have some f'n heart! He could have easily been a close friend of family member of any one of us...and in that case people would be singing a totally different tune, regardless of the situation! RIP Ryan Dunn

I've been picking people like him up off the street for too many years now to care anymore. Sometimes, when you do yourself in, you had it coming. And yes, that applies to anyone I know also. I'm not the most sympathetic person when it comes to killing yourself stupidly.

The only thing I ever care about in cases like this is that sometimes I get to say, "At least no one walking by died."

Sometimes, I get to say that, sometimes I don't...

Its unfortunate that he died in such a random way.

Neh, not really. 99.999999999999999% of the crap they did was under the influence, and as we all know, drunken antics draw attention and, therefore, cash. As I already posted on FB, we can mourn the guy, but for f**ks sake let's not vindicate him. His idiocy killed himself and his passenger.

I've been picking people like him up off the street for too many years now to care anymore. Sometimes, when you do yourself in, you had it coming. And yes, that applies to anyone I know also. I'm not the most sympathetic person when it comes to killing yourself stupidly.

The only thing I ever care about in cases like this is that sometimes I get to say, "At least no one walking by died."

Ah, medic I take it? I gave up a 5-year EMT stint last year after the job became too much, but I can't agree more that idiocy kills more people than guns, terrorists & psychotic cat attacks per year. Dunn should be a model of what not to aspire to in terms of self-portrayal.

I enjoyed the jackass shows and movies and while not totally surprised that he died at a young age, I thought he was the most "normal" one out of that group.

You reap what you sow. Some of his buddies are crying because they lost a druggie and alcoholic "friend". I suppose that it takes all kinds and they honestly hurt for his loss, but the big thing that I think about here is the fact that he was LIKELY under the influence and not only did his passenger die, there was the potential for other innocent people to die because of it.

So Thank God nobody else was hurt, and if he is found clean, then I apologize to his friends and family.

And I second that shock that none of them have been killed so far, since I have seen how they have "fun", not to mention the crazy stunts they pull for their shows.

They're still not positive if he was driving, or the passenger. I guess the car (his 2007 Porsche 911 GT3) burned for a couple hours before anyone got on scene. Witnesses at the bar said he was way too drunk to drive. It could have just been a dick friend going way too fast in a borrowed Porsche.

Either way, a shame. We'll miss you, Racecar Ryan.

And yes, I'm pretty sure that he would have approved of every joke made "in light of his death". He was a prankster, and truly appreciated humor, in any form including vulgar and semi-offensive.

That being said...

IRmEX.gif

They're still not positive if he was driving, or the passenger. I guess the car (his 2007 Porsche 911 GT3) burned for a couple hours before anyone got on scene. Witnesses at the bar said he was way too drunk to drive. It could have just been a dick friend going way too fast in a borrowed Porsche.

Either way, a shame. We'll miss you, Racecar Ryan.

And yes, I'm pretty sure that he would have approved of every joke made "in light of his death". He was a prankster, and truly appreciated humor, in any form including vulgar and semi-offensive.

That being said...

IRmEX.gif

HAHA that is awesome.

I was sorry to hear this. Dunn was my favorite of the bunch. I watched Viva La Bam because of him.

And this time you don't really. When you take a passenger with you doing stupid crap, it just sucks.

Spent 500 miles doing a transfer on a similar call last night. This one's Lucky to be alive, as temporary as it may be.

Drunk + 132mph = gnarly crash.

What it really equals is that stupid people don't realize that someone has to come scrape you off the side of the road. This **** gets old super fast and is the root of many a drinking sessions at 7 am after work, for me.

Drunk + car + fast=DUH. As someone who has had 2 owi's driven drunk hundreds of times before(younger days) getting pulled over once for barely over the speed limit and the second for forgetting to turn on my headlights in well lit down town, I consider myself blessed for getting caught then, I can honestly say its very dumb not to metion illegal,to threaten yourself and somebody else and is a sorry sorry wake up call for what many fail to realize that driving drunk is seriously something that should never be done.

Drunk + car + fast=DUH. As someone who has had 2 owi's driven drunk hundreds of times before(younger days) getting pulled over once for barely over the speed limit and the second for forgetting to turn on my headlights in well lit down town, I consider myself blessed for getting caught then, I can honestly say its very dumb not to metion illegal,to threaten yourself and somebody else and is a sorry sorry wake up call for what many fail to realize that driving drunk is seriously something that should never be done.

U drunk, bro?

Yea he was waaay over the limit. What I want to know is, who let him leave the bar and drive?? Friends, bartender...no one thought it was a good idea to stop him? Can't bartenders/servers be held liable in situations like that?

Yea he was waaay over the limit. What I want to know is, who let him leave the bar and drive?? Friends, bartender...no one thought it was a good idea to stop him? Can't bartenders/servers be held liable in situations like that?

Just what we need, blaming others for an individuals lack of self control.

_

I'm not blaming others, but if your best friend was hammered and said "see you tomorrow, I'm driving home" would you say, ok drive safe?

I'm not blaming others, but if your best friend was hammered and said "see you tomorrow, I'm driving home" would you say, ok drive safe?
Where yes, a good friend should have spoke up, them or a bartender being "held liable" is exactly what's wrong with this country. Keep in mind their lifestyle though, that is their norm, none of his friends wold have likely thought anything of him leaving like that.

Where yes, a good friend should have spoke up, them or a bartender being "held liable" is exactly what's wrong with this country. Keep in mind their lifestyle though, that is their norm, none of his friends wold have likely thought anything of him leaving like that.

I agree. I'm in no way suggesting someone should investigate the bartender. I was just curious because I have a lot of friends who are servers and are told to make sure that people don't get too hammered. I guess its different out at a bar rather than a semi-nice restaurant.

He killed his passenger also. Idiot, I see this crap at work daily.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/167961/20110622/ryan-dunn-dead.htm

I have no tears lost for anyone who does something stupid and then takes their life as a result. That's called evolution. That being said, no I do not want to see anyone get killed or worse yet, harm or kill someone else in the process. That I consider far worse. As I learned when I was a kid, if I do stupid things, I will get stupid consequences.

beerloaf

Ryan Dunn reminded me of an old friend I used to work with. He also used to drink and drive. Hopefully, somebodys life can be saved by using this as an example of what not to do.

.08 isn't ****faced fall down drunk. Neither is .19... Ryan was a horrible driver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya apparently he couldn't drive sober. And I have a feeling a .19 for a Jackass isn't exactly anything abnormal. Those guys got trashed on the regular, I'd put money on .3 and higher if I was in Vegas. We'll obviously never know, but I'd say it was just Ryan crashing another car, and not being so lucky as he has many times in the past.

Back